Ch 131

19.10 Kal And Lou (1)
*
*
*

Freeloom was Mach's most popular and largest maritime game.

To the east of the Mach capital, there was a twin lake with piles of earth and sand, where the aquatic animal, Beluamar, lived. It was a degenerated animal from an ancient extinct monster, so it was large and ferocious. His whole body was covered with scales, and his tail was lined with things that could only be seen as thorns. There used to be poison on its tail, but not now. But that doesn't mean it's less dangerous.

The Freeloom was a match between two slaves riding on a Beluamar. From the Imperial family to the commoners, all Machians found it their most enjoyable pastime to watch the Freeloom in a stadium built around the lake. And Millenin once again invited Lilian. In Freeloom.

"If you don't feel like it, why don't you refuse? It wouldn't be that much fun to watch. I don't even know what fun the Machians find in such barbaric things. I can't believe it's so popular even if the person they're watching dies."

Keana asked with a worried look on her face, but Lilian did not change her decision.

After the tea party was over, Millenin whispered to Lilian who was about to leave.

"This will be the last time I will bother you, Madam Cher. I promise, and it's ridiculous to come all the way to Mach and not see the Freeloom."

Millenin's tone of saying her false surname 'Cher' was quite significant. She couldn't figure out what the Emperor of Mach was thinking just by looking at her smiling face. She thought she might be able to leave this place after seeing all the way to Freeloom anyway.

Fiddling with her necklace, Lilian thought blankly. If she goes to see Freeloom, will she face Karloi again? Lilian decided to say goodbye to Karloi one last time. Because it seemed like the only way to truly leave was to shake off the lingering regrets in her heart like the soil that could not be washed away.

"Come up carefully."

When Keana, who climbed up first, held out her hand, Lilian accepted. The seats of the Imperial family and high nobles were on the highest floor of the stadium. Because the higher it is, the safer it is.

Blaze rushed out and kissed her hand as Lilian entered the best spot. It was a little too polite for a woman known as a commoner. She even wore a net just in case, and she had goosebumps.

"It's nice to see you again, Madam."

Even honorifics? Lilian looked at the Archduke of Mach, who was smiling nonstop, with a frown on her face. The rumors she heard while she was in Mach weren't just about the Emperor of Mach. Her younger brother, the Archduke, was also notoriously famous. He has the most handsome face and lightest undershirt in Mach.

"Oh, yes..."

"Even if you cover your face, you can't hide your beauty."

Lilian couldn't understand. Does this mean that women fall for this lame trick? It was said that his face was good, but it was not to Lilian's taste. His hair color is normal, and his eyes are also normal... She could see his charming smile at least, but his charm was halved because he was too fussy.

Blaze, bewildered by the cold look on Lilian's face, tried to continue, but a blunt voice came from behind.

"Get out of my way."

Karloi, who looked more ferocious than usual, was looking down at Blaze.

"Where is your place in my country?"

"Do you want to treat your guests so badly? You need to broaden your horizons, Archduke. And move aside."

Blaze swears a couple of times at Karloi's sour face and goes next to Millenin.