Ch 126

19.5 Kal And Lou (1)
*
*
*

Lilian went down the stairs and received the invitation from Keana.

"To the Countess of Diane's beautiful, but unnamed friend."

When did she see her to call her 'beautiful'?

"Diane?"

"Oh, that's the Mach title Clyde got for coming here."

Lilian doubted whether Keana would ever return to Croysen, but she continued to read the invitation without saying a word. But she couldn't fully understand. Because it was written in Mach's language.

It seemed like she meant that she had to attend, because she had to take a quick look at her. She could fully feel the coercion in the words even if it was difficult to understand.

"I'm sure everything's going to be fine... And since you're down here, have a cup of tea before going back up."

Keana said, looking at Lilian's complex face.

"The chef has made a new cake this time, and he says it tastes good."

Lilian nodded her head slightly, and Keana's face brightened.

There was a small pond in the garden of the mansion. Flowers, which are rare in Croysen, were blooming on the pond. Although the marvelous aquatic plants that match Mach were quite beautiful, she felt that it was not as good as Croysen.

"How is it?"

Keana asked Lilian, who ate a piece of cake.

"...I think it's delicious."

"Right? The chef is good at making desserts."

But Lilian remembered Sorta's Vex. Olivia's statement that there is no cook like Vex anywhere else was true.

Lilian's gaze, who was drinking tea absent-mindedly, reached Clyde, who sat across from her. Clyde couldn't even touch the tea or cake. Lilian, who tried to ignore it for the most part, could no longer take it.

"Lord Clyde... Am I making you uncomfortable?"

Clyde was so surprised by his name coming out of Lilian's mouth that he hit the teacup with his hand and spilled the tea.

"Oh, you're so... Do it in moderation."

As Keana whispered to him, Clyde was helpless and wiped the tea with a handkerchief.

"I'm sorry."

She couldn't figure out what the hell he was sorry about.

"Did I do anything wrong to you?"

"No, it's not that."

Keana, who was rolling her eyes at Clyde's hasty response, let out a long sigh.

"No, Your Majesty. It's because he's guilty."

"Guilty?"

"That's..."

Keana, who was speaking, suddenly stopped and stared at Clyde.

"No, why are you stepping on my foot? You shouldn't have let it show if you didn't want her to know."

Clyde's face was now redder than the flower on the pond.

"Because Clyde told the Duchess and the Emperor that you were not the Duke's legitimate daughter. I guess that's why he feels guilty whenever he sees you."

This time, Lilian was surprised and put down the teacup she was holding.

"How did you know that, Lord?"