Ch 12

2.3 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (1)
*
*
*
Twelve-year-old Lilian Lou was a child who lived in a slum set in a dark forest with her mother, in the bare corners of the Delua Dukedom.

The way she lived was not exactly the way a 'child' should be raised, but life wasn't bad. Even if she wasn't full, she didn't starve. She has her mother, even if she didn't have a father. And even if it wasn't warm, there was a house where she could avoid the cold wind.

"Lou, my baby."

The voice of a loving mother hugging and whispering to her every night.

"Lou, come and take some food."

The only neighbor who cares for both mother and daughter, Aunt Mariel.

Lilian Lou was living a decent life with what she had.

However, people don't realize if their life was terrible.

They only realize that face when they are in misery, but they eventually feel better.

(Oh, I'm better off doing it.)

As if Yvonne, who believed there would be no greater misfortune than the Duke, realized what true misfortune was after marrying Karloi.

Even considering that the types of misfortune are not so diverse, the misfortune that came to Lilian Lou was too clichéd.

A terrible illness came to Denise, which required expensive medicine for a disease that could not be cured. Sickness and poverty were things that could easily come together. No, maybe misfortune brings in other misfortunes.

At a young age, Lilian Lou suddenly became responsible for a living. There weren't many options anyway.

In the dark forest, there lived some gangsters who did not refuse any bad things in exchange for money. The thugs quite often needed young children who looked innocent, and Lilian used to work for them.

They help to avoid suspicion of the police, deliver something for the thugs, clean up their dwellings, or do small labor. Then she could hold salty money in her hand.

First of all, Lilian, who was in need of money, had no guilt, conscience, or a sense of justice, so the thugs were comfortable with that. In addition, she had a lot of guts for a child.

The day she first saw Karloi, there was nothing different than usual. She went into cleaning the house of the gangsters, which was dirty like a pig's den, and found a young boy who was tied up.

"Uh..."

The embarrassed Lilian groaned unconsciously.

She wasn't surprised that there was a person in there. This was originally a place where thugs often locked people up, anyway. They were blackmailed, beaten, or even tortured. However, it was the first time she had ever seen a child like this.

The boy screamed while struggling.

"Run away! Go out! It's a dangerous place here!"

It seemed that the boy thought that she was a child who came in innocently without knowing anything.

Lilian was completely shocked. If she were in that situation, 'Please save me!' would be the first thing she'll shout. Lilian could not overcome the shock she had received.

Some people don't usually think about their own livelihoods and their own lives first. They can afford to care for others and do the right things.