Ch 14

2.5 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (1)
*
*
*
Fourteen years was by no means a short time, and it was possible for one person to become a very different person.

Yvonne Delua was able to reach the highest level of insensitivity by enduring the Duke for fourteen years. It kills emotions, sensations, and even thoughts and does not react. To put it nicely, it could be called patience. With a dull sensation, the pain seemed to be like someone else's, so she feels comfortable.

"His Majesty is dealing only with other women. Affection is something that cannot be obtained with authority."

"Are you lucky if you only deal with women? I was afraid that sooner or later Her Majesty would be indigo."

It seems like she can't see anything... That it has nothing to do with her...

Looking at herself, she whispered to herself as if she couldn't see Karloi, who looked disgusted.

"Well, Your Majesty the Empress. His Majesty has ordered you to not participate in this event..."

She can't seem to hear anything... It's not something she cares about...

"It's a good thing to become an Empress and not give money to the Imperial property."

"Your Majesty, the Empress is listening."

"I don't care."

She deceived herself as if she couldn't hear Karloi's sharp words, who wanted to insult her in the presence of many people. Just as she endured all the violence of the Duke.

"If you look at it, you still seem to act as the daughter of the Duke, and not as an Empress."

(It is nothing. If you stay still, this will also pass.)

"Your father, the Duke, made an excuse in public because you and I were not even eating together. Is the Empress not surprised how he knows so much about our affairs?"

(Someday it will pass, so just stay still...)

"I don't feel well, so let's just have a meal together..."

"Yes."

"...What do you mean 'yes'? I haven't even finished speaking."

"Yes."

Yvonne woke up and lifted her head at the cold sensation that stopped even her brainwashing herself.

Oops, she answered too quick.

As usual, Karloi stared at Yvonne who couldn't help but to keep a cold face. Even if he looked at her like that, there was nothing for her to say.

Karloi was yelling so much about how she was not listening to him.

"You openly ignore my words. Even if you don't have the same appearance as the Duke, I would still know that you are his daughter because of your attitude."

"...I was thinking about something for a moment. I'm sorry."

"Did you do this just once or twice? You answer that way every time."

Karloi wasn't very upset, and now he used a softer tone to criticize her.

"I'm not sure what else a woman, who was only in the Empress' Palace, had to think about. You wouldn't have to do about anything."

Ah.

In front of Karloi, fourteen years of tricks and patience were useless. Every time Yvonne saw him, Yvonne had to put all of her power to press down the urge to grab hold of Karloi's collar.