Ch 143

21.3 The Emperor And The Empress
*
*
*

When Lilian woke up, she was on the bed. Although technically all she could see was Karloi's chest, it took a little while for her to notice that she was on the bed.

She felt strangely refreshed and light. It's not that she hasn't slept well lately, but yesterday's sleep seemed to be special, with reactions all over her body.

Lilian lifted Karloi's arm gently to get up. Even while sleeping, his expression was not pretty. What the hell is he dreaming of? It was the moment when she carefully moved his arms to the side and pulled herself out.

"No!"

Suddenly, Karloi woke up screaming.

"Kal...?"

Karloi looked around with a blank look for a moment and looked at Lilian for a long time. A sigh escaped from Karloi's mouth, who had carefully rubbed Lilian's wrist with a half-dream-like face. He seems relieved.

"What's wrong?"

"...Nothing."

He slowly got up from the bed with a face that didn't match his answer at all. Before he could even tidy up his clothes, he heard a presence coming in from the door, and the door opened.

"Dunya knew this was going to happen."

Asher entered the bedroom without hesitation with a carefree face.

"Asher, you can't go in before you get permission!"

In the background, Mary Ann and Jane were shouting.

Since returning from Mach, Asher's pride has skyrocketed.

"Okay, I'm begging you, just leave for a moment."

Jane dragged Asher, who became a sulky face at a cold reception, out.

Karloi lay down next to Lilian's lap and ran his fingers through Lilian's long hair as if he was jokingly around.

"Ha..."

His constant sighs gave her a sense of how much he didn't want to go back to Purtu.

"You just have to do a little bit more. And then you can come back."

"And then after that, I have to go to Purtu again."

"It doesn't go on forever. It's not like we can't see each other forever."

"You don't understand."

Karloi glared at Lilian for a moment with a discontented face. He had a very similar face to that of Asher's.

"I..."

Karloi, who was about to say something, pursed his lips.

"Okay. I'll be back soon after I'm done."

Lilian tilted his head and replied, looking as if she wanted to hear something.

"Alright."

In her short answer, Karloi muttered to himself, then laid Lilian beside him and hugged her.

"You know what...?"

"What?"

Karloi chose the words quietly. There was a lot he wanted to ask. Why doesn't she push him away? She holds him as he grabs her, and hugs him as he hugs her. Will she wait for him a little bit more? Does she want him to come any sooner? Does she feel the thirst he feels?

No, there was only one thing he wanted to ask. Is there any trace of her feelings that are similar to his? Does she like him? In the end, it was a question of whether or not she could love him even a little bit.