Ch 45

6.8 The Empress and the Emperor
*
*
*
"The Empress."

"The Empress? Why?"

His tone of speech, which was so numb that it seemed drowsy, became sharp in an instant. Keana was bewildered to see Karloi, who turned into a different face in an instant.

"No, I was wondering how it was going?... I think you've already spent two nights, and I was wondering if you were making any progress?..."

"...I'm doing it moderately."

"Wouldn't it be better if it was faster? Her Majesty is also a quick-witted person, so she doesn't seem to be easily taken over."

Keana spoke in a cautious manner, looking at Karloi's sudden mood.

"I'll give you some advice... Would it be too rude to give you one?"

"Tell me what you want to say."

Keana was offended by the attitude to just say whatever she has to say and stop bothering him, but she held back thinking about Clyde again.

What the hell happened in Lasortio to make people come back like this?

"Have you never loved anyone before? I don't think you had... If you have had a similar experience, think of the Empress as her and treat her as that person. It could seem like you're being serious. This is easier than you think. Just imagine it."

It was the secret to Keana's ability to always perform like madly in love with him in public appearances. Thinking of Clyde as she puts the Emperor in front of her.

Looking at Karloi's face getting colder every minute, Keana checked again to see if her words were particularly more awkward. She thinks she said something much more common sense than usual, but the response was not very good. The look on his face made her feel like she was talking nonsense right now, but Karloi nodded slowly.

"I'll think about it."

Keana felt that she had to step down at this point and raised her farewell. She glanced at Karloi's completely different appearance than before he went to Lasortio, then Keana left the office.

"Hmm. What's going on?"

Karloi, whose dryness was in place instead of precarious sharpness, felt more difficult than before, but somehow he looked more like an Emperor than before. No more luck, though. Keana tilted her head and headed to her residence.

It was not until Keana left that Karloi closed his eyes against the desk as if he was falling. The feeling of exhaustion pressing down on his body made him want to throw everything away.

However, Dunya's blood seemed to flow a little to himself, Adelaide's son. Inertially, he was moving to prepare for what was to come.

He had never been free before. He let go of what he was holding on to, so it should be freer and lighter than before, but he felt like his whole body was tied and he was sitting down endlessly. He has put only one thing to lift him up on the water, so he has only one thing left to do to sink.

Karloi will now wait.

An excruciatingly boring, slow approaching drowning.

------------------

Just the day before returning to the capital, Asher stared at the tower, recalling the Empress who spent time with her mother's 'remains'. Strictly speaking, he was staring at the handmaiden, Jane, the only non-Delua among those who came in and out.

In the Dark Forest, both coming out and entering had to come into contact with a person with Delua's blood, but why is that handmaiden coming in and out of that tower so naturally?