Ch 132

20.1 Kal And Lou (2)
*
*
*

Marina Palace was one of the fourteen palaces of the Mach Imperial Palace.

"Just a few weeks of treatment and you'll be fine. Don't rush. Beluamar is poisonous, but there is a cure."

Lilian tried to understand what Mach's physician was saying to Karloi, but it was still difficult.

"...Just a few coats and I'll be fine. I told you, it's nothing."

Karloi explained it as if he had read Lilian's mind, but she was still skeptical. Seeing Lilian's expression, Karloi added.

"I'm telling you, no one was seriously hurt by this."

"That's the problem. I didn't know that a wound of this magnitude would be such a big deal for a normal person."

Lilian became more and more emotional as she spoke. She was angry at Karloi's appearance, which is always the same.

"What's the matter? Can't you put your body first? Don't act like this, like you don't care if you die!"

Karloi looked at Lilian as if he had lost what to say.

"Every time you do this, I... I feel like going crazy."

Karloi's face hardened as to what he was interpreting Lilian's words as.

"I don't know what you're misunderstanding, but I'm fine. I've been doing well. There's no reason for you to care about me."

"...Really?"

"So don't tie your feet here because of me and leave. You're the only one who'll get tired if you get more involved..."

At Karloi's increasingly decisive tone, Lilian let out a shrill sigh. Her stomach churned because of some kind of stuffiness. As Lilian was about to say something, the door to the bedroom suddenly opened. It was the very Millenin Noka, who she would be tired of being involved with.

"I heard it from the physician. I'm glad the wound wasn't deep."

On the way to the palace, Millenin had found herself again, and she had a characteristic smile on her face, as she spoke in Croysen's language. Karloi replied with a blank look on his face.

"I'm not sure if Mach's physician can be trusted. I'm in a bit more pain than I thought."

Lilian narrowed her eyes and looked at Karloi. A while ago, he said it wasn't a big deal. Why so suddenly...?

"That physician is my physician. So you don't have to worry about him being a quack, Karloi. You'll be cured soon."

"Well, that's not what the person who caused the injury could say. You may want to intentionally reduce it."

"Cause, if anyone hears me, they'll think I stabbed you."

"Didn't I tell you over and over again that Freelooms are dangerous? However, seriously, you even invited me..."

As if she could no longer listen to Karloi's slow-paced words, Millenin erased her smile and responded nervously.

"Oh, okay. All right, I'm responsible, I admit it."

"Thank you for doing so."

"Then can you tell me now? Why did the Empress of Croysen enter Mach, while hiding her identity?"

"Before that, how the hell did you know?"

"When I was still a princess, the Duke of Delua came to Mach once."

Just by looking at her face, she already knew that she was the Duke's daughter. Lilian got tired again for having this face.

"You remembered what you saw only once? When you were a kid?"