Ch 147

21.7 The Emperor And The Empress
*
*
*

Lilian, who was left alone, looked at the lake and slowly untied her necklace from her neck. It was a necklace that she had worn several times a day.

"Mom."

A gentle wave roared in response.

"I miss you, you already know that."

Lilian missed Denise every day and every single day. There was not a day when she didn't think of Denise so much, to the point where she didn't have to spit her words out that she missed her. That will continue in the future.

"That's why I bothered my mom so much. Hang around my neck every day. But I think it's okay now."

Instead of tears, a smile came out.

"Now I can think of my mother casually without forcing you to hold in my throat, without giving force."

No, that's a lie. Tears came out.

Lilian wiped away her tears and carefully opened the lid of the necklace.

"So don't worry about me anymore..."

As she tilted her necklace, a gentle wind took Denise's remains to the lake.

"Be free. I don't want to be your prison either. They say that if you go through Mexus, you can also go to Lupus and go everywhere. That's how Mom can travel."

She hopes to see her again someday. May they meet so that they will not be sick, they will not cry, they will just smile and embrace.

"It doesn't hurt anymore if someone calls my name other than my mother."

Lilian even let the necklace go to the lake.

Mary Ann, Olivia and Alexis all said that Lilian is strong. However, Lilian didn't think of herself that way.

But she knew one thing. She knew that it was because of Denise that she eventually survived again. The absolute love that Denise gave to Lilian was so strong and so much that Lilian could give her love and live. Just as he was able to tell the young Lilian to run away, she was able to love Karloi even in Purtu. And she was able to survive.

It's all thanks to Denise.

"I love you, Mom. Always."

She didn't say goodbye this time. There was no need to.

------------------

"I'm worried."

In Purtu's office, the Emperor said to the old Duchess.

"She had no good memories here. She likes Sorta so much, so I'd rather go there."

Karloi could not easily agree with Lilian's plan to return to Purtu.

"Well, the Empress wanted to come back, and she seemed fine."

"Did you talk to her?"

Alexis nodded her head. It seems that the Empress has yet to inform Karloi of their conversation in the lake. Can she tell him about Adelaide right now? She wouldn't have said that.

But Alexis gave up the idea lightly. Now, Karloi looked better. She won't have to tell stories he doesn't want to. He had never looked so happy before. The strange figure complicated the old Duchess' mind.

"If you're worried, make sure that she'll have a good time in Purtu. The Empress is not a woman who escapes or runs away from suffering, so she will soon adjust to the new Purtu."