Ch 89

14.4 The Emperor And The Empress (2)
*
*
*
Asher was not surprised to see Karloi and there was no change of expression. There was no particular expression on Karloi, who was looking at Asher coming in front of him. Instead, Karloi pulled the knife. And put it on Asher's neck.

"It should be an explanation that I can understand."

Despite the sudden cool touch, Asher did not blink an eye.

"The Empress?"

"It's okay to talk here. I have to tell you."

Asher said, leering sideways at the soldiers.

The soldiers, who were ordered to stand by a liver camp by Karloi, breathed a sigh of relief. They finally have time to take a break.

"Say it."

In his low voice, Karloi's shallow patience was revealed.

"Why did you help the Empress?"

"There are a lot of strange things that I want to know."

"Without my permission?"

Asher blinked his big eyes.

"I did it for your sake. The truth is the only thing that will make you sane. You want to believe it, but you're suffering because you can't."

Karloi scoffed at the blunt treatment of himself as a madman.

"So, the Empress said she'd tell you the great truth?"

Seeing Karloi's perverse attitude, Asher decided to get right to the point.

"The Empress was enchanted."

It was really out of the blue.

"What do you mean?"

"Bernie's wizard had cast a spell against leaking secrets. That's why she couldn't talk."

Karloi made a straight face.

"What are you talking about? There's no magic like that in the world. Say something that makes sense."

"Didn't you see the magic in the dark forest unravel?"

Of course, he saw it, so he was able to come in here. Karloi shut his mouth in silence.

"At the same time, the magic on the Empress disappeared. I don't know why, but something must have happened to the Duke or the Wizard."

"What the hell is this?..."

Karloi rubbed his temple with a tired face. He couldn't understand what he was talking about all of a sudden.

"She said she was an illegitimate child! When the spell was lifted, she told me everything."

"What?"

In the meantime, it was annoying to hear from Asher.

"The Duchess' daughter died fourteen years ago with the Duchess. And the Empress told me the reason why she kept saying she was going to Delua."

Asher spoke incessantly, afraid that Karloi would stop him from talking.

"The Duke is holding her mother hostage in the Tower of Delua. She was being blackmailed."

Suddenly too much information has flowed in. Karloi's head rang. It was because Yvonne's past words came to mind all at once. Yvonne kept repeating that she had to go to Delua.

"If I don't get to Delua... I might die."

What did he say back then?

"No."