Ch 103

16.3 The Empress Hates The Emperor (2)
*
*
*

Even after waking up, Lilian lay still for a long time. It was because the afterimage of Duke Delua in her dream remained horribly clear. She didn't know why it felt like he was still alive when he was apparently torn to death. If he kept appearing in her dreams like this, she might as well die.

"Are you feeling better?"

Lilian nodded roughly at Mary Ann's question. It's weird that she feels all right, and it's annoying. She got rained on so much. She wished she would be dead, but if not, she wished she would become insanely ill, but nothing happened.

Mary Ann put her hand on Lilian's forehead with a worried face. She heard they still haven't found his son Jimmy, but Mary Ann never showed such a face. She must feel like she can't even express herself in front of Lilian.

Lilian was just tired and distressed. Her mind was not used to the things her head could think of. She didn't have the energy to do that. It would have been nice if she could let her mind go so far that she wouldn't even think about it, but that wasn't the case. Anything in between has always bothered people, no matter what.

Her helpless gaze reached the unfamiliar necklace placed in the closet next to her bed. It was a small silver sphere studded with jewels gleaming.

"It has some of Denise's ash remains."

Mary Ann said in a small voice. Lilian stared at the necklace, then turned her head and looked out of the window.

She didn't know what to feel when she saw that necklace. She doesn't know what to think about Denise, who had her traces to fit inside a single necklace.

Lying in a stupor, Lilian soon realized something had changed. She felt uncomfortable, but after thinking a lot about what it was, she soon realized. It was the absence of Karloi. She couldn't see Karloi, who always made her angry by hanging around with his face saying he was at a loss.

"Well, His Majesty..."

"No, don't talk about Kal. Don't take it out."

Mary Ann, being quick-witted, tried to say something, but Lilian firmly blocked it. She meant it. It was painful to hear anything about Karloi. Anything about him makes people feel hard, and that's exactly what Karloi did.

A bad bastard who always acts like this and that and makes people suffer.

Seeing Lilian's face that looked like it couldn't get any worse, Mary Ann thought she was glad that she didn't tell her that the necklace was also made by Karloi.

And about transfer magic treatment... In both cases of the said treatment, they were ordered not to mention anything about it to the Empress. Looking at Lilian's reaction, she thought it would be better that way.

"I'm sick of it."

The Empress murmured in a weak voice. Mary Ann recalled the Emperor when she saw Lilian, who was still alive but didn't look like she was.

The Emperor was said to be ill for two days. Mary Ann suddenly became curious, though she kept her mouth shut because Lilian told her not to let her know anything about Karloi.

When she finds out about this, will the empress be happy or angry? She had no idea at all.

------------------

The nightmare haunted Lilian again when she was about to forget about it. Once every two or three days, Duke Delua comes out in her dream while killing Denise.

One week later, at dawn, when she woke up, she was holding a piece of glass in the garden. She saw Mary Ann holding her own wrist with a sharp piece of the glass in her hand and looking at her with a terrified face. She was confused.