Ch 83

13.2 The Emperor And The Empress (1)
*
*
*
"Now stop calling the physician. It's not that helpful."

A harsh voice came out like a metal sound.

"Then get your act together. You should sleep to stop calling for him. And stop being so angry for no reason."

"How's things going?"

"I secretly sent word to the Lords to hold Asher at any cost if they could see him. I just hope it arrives soon."

There was no sound that he had flirted with the Emperor's wife, so it was delivered that way.

"I don't know if a person who was a ganja at Bernie would be caught so easily. Still, he is not alone, so he has a tail."

"Will the delivery speed be faster than that of Asher? There's no one in Croysen who would stop him because I gave him wings myself."

It wasn't a question, it sounded like self-talk, so she didn't bother answering. Besides, there wasn't really any answer to it.

So, who told him to get a guy like that from Mach and let him do what he wants? It was really full of things she didn't like.

And what if there is no one to stop it? It's obvious that Karloi is thinking about going down to Delua and catching Yvonne himself.

"What about Bernie? Do you think he'll join Delua?"

"I'm not sure. I think the troops are moving towards Delua... I'm afraid there's something going on between the two."

"Really?"

"Anyway, Your Majesty doesn't have to care about it. I'll take care of it myself."

Alexis replied in a manner that would not tolerate even a small gap. Karloi, who nodded slightly, gestured for them to leave. Gorten, who refused to go out, followed Dunya's determined eyes with half force.

As soon as he was alone in the office, Karloi wrapped his hands around his face as if he was falling apart. Whether he closed or opened his eyes, it was hell.

"Damn it..."

He started banging his head against the wall like a madman. It didn't matter if he was egged and killed with a knife, as long as he could drive Yvonne out of his head. Rather, it will be less painful.

Every step Yvonne left in his head was a sharp pain. The fact that he couldn't name this pain took his breath away.

Why is Yvonne's absence painful? Why is he so angry that she had escaped? The questions that he couldn't answer has wrapped his neck.

Mumbling abuse, Karloi poured alcohol into an empty glass. Without alcohol, he could barely breathe.

"...I have to find her."

Lying back in his chair, Karloi muttered. Only one thought made him move. His only reason was one contradictory thought that he had said countless times that he wanted to die and that he wanted to be gone.

------------------

When Yvonne opened her eyes, she saw an old ceiling. When she blinked a couple of times, a round face suddenly burst into view without warning. She didn't even have any energy to scream.

"I thought you were dead."

Asher muttered in his peculiar way of speaking.

Yvonne groaned shallowly and tried to jog her memory. She remembered collapsing as soon as she left the prison, but she hadn't woken up since.