Ch 90

14.5 The Emperor And The Empress (2)
*
*
*
Even after Asher's story was over, Karloi couldn't say a word. He stumbled down, and the soldiers watching from afar tried to move in surprise.

"Are you all right?"

Even if Asher asked, Karloi continued to be captivated like a man who could not hear. No, he had a face that was difficult to even consider a person. Asher felt frustrated when he saw Karloi, who was doing nothing like the Empress. What's going on?

Karloi felt nauseous again. He thought he was going crazy because he was worried about himself all the way to the end. It would have been better for her to listen to the Duke of Delua and kill him. Why the hell would a bastard like me... He hated himself so much that he felt like he was going crazy.

"But she had a lot of scars on her arm. The Duke must have hit her."

Everything that Asher says without thinking scratched Karloi's heart mercilessly.

"They were trying to magically hide things like that. The Duke is a real nut job."

Karloi had no answer.

------------------

Even as he barely rode his horse, Karloi was in awe. If Asher didn't tell him to be careful from time to time, he would have had trouble, whether the horse hit a tree or fell into a nail.

He kept losing strength in his hand holding the reins. It was always dark in front of him. He did something unforgivable even in his death. He didn't know what was going to happen to her, Yvonne, or Lou, and his uneasy mind managed to calm him down.

"Your majesty, we're out of the woods now, but we can't see any of Delua's army. I don't think we'll ever know if we're going to break into the Delua estate like this."

He thinks Asher is saying something next to him, but he didn't hear it well.

How could he do that? He wanted to hang himself and die. How could he not recognize Lou? Everything was explained from the first meeting. The way she looked at him. She must have been looking for him, so she must have recognized him right away.

The harsh words he said to the poor woman constantly reminded him of Lou's last appearance in prison. It wasn't enough to go on his knees and beg. It was a long way off. Even if Yvonne cut his own throat, he had nothing to say. No, it wasn't enough to sacrifice himself.

And on the other hand, anger mounted against the Duke. What a son of a b*tch! Even if he caught the Duke and killed the Duke who used Yvonne like that, it didn't seem like it would relieve his anger.

"I hope nothing happens to her. .."

Karloi muttered casually. It soon became ridiculous. He's the one who drove Lou here. He should have let her go. He should have trusted her one more time. He thought he was fooled by her anyway, he should let her fool him again one more time.

Late regret lingered around with nowhere to go and sank heavily on his chest. He wanted to see her, but he couldn't see her.

"Your Majesty, over there."

Asher called Karloi and pointed his finger somewhere. At the entrance of the city, there were not many but not a few soldiers. The cavalry that followed also noticed and began to adjust the heat.

"I'll make the most of the way. We have to get to Delua's mansion as soon as possible."

Asher told him to stay back, but Karloi quietly ignored him. It was a waste of time to even sit back.

When Karloi lifted his sword, he could hear the sound of the swords being pulled out from behind him.

As Asher blinked once, Karloi was already jumping forward. Karloi brandished his sword lightly, but mercilessly, as if he was just removing some branches from a tree, not cutting people. Perhaps it looked scary and bizarre, Delua's soldiers collapsed with a confused look and stunned faces.