Ch 75

12.1 The Emperor Can't Dislike the Empress (2)
*
*
*
Karloi's walk out of the Empress' Palace was so fast that Alexis had to walk almost as fast as she could. It was fortunate that he didn't seem to believe the Empress anymore, but he didn't look too good in his emotional rage.

"Your Majesty, if the court lady testifies to that extent, the Empress should also go to jail."

Barely caught up with Karloi and talked to him, but he didn't even pretend to listen and just kept walking.

"We should at least depose her. Whether the Empress was involved or not, it does not change the fact that she is the daughter of a rebel leader. And from that attitude, I don't think she'll cooperate at all."

Karloi, who was walking earlier, suddenly stood tall, and Alexis, who was following, stopped walking.

"Are you done?"

Alexis bit her mouth, feeling how much Karloi was putting up with even a brief call.

"Let's start by interrogating the people of the Empress' Palace properly. I will take care of the Empress after that."

Karloi couldn't understand himself. In this situation, he didn't know what to expect yet and what to do with Yvonne.

He left Dunya and he couldn't even remember how he got to the office. He felt like he was going to lose his mind right away because he was alone, so Karloi grabbed his head. The force on his hand was so strong that blood leaked from the cut he got from shards of a shattered glass.

But even he was insensitive. All his senses were directed at Yvonne. Anger, a sense of betrayal, and a sense of shame about himself. He wants to go and yell at Yvonne again even now.

Instead, he removed the vase from the desk. The vase broke into pieces and the flowers hit the floor helplessly.

------------------

The silence in the Empress' Palace was eerie and dreary. Occasionally, the only sound that could be heard was the clash of weapons made by the soldiers while moving outside. As night fell, the atmosphere became more daunting and weighed on Yvonne. It was by no means easy for her to be locked up and completely cut off from the outside world.

Sitting with her knees together on the bed, Yvonne bit her lips. No matter how hard she tried not to cry, tears squeezed out and leaked out.

She was stupid. She should have realized sooner when she saw the Duke's strange behavior. She knew that he was the one who would eventually do such a reckless thing.

She was scared. The Duke rebelled and she was afraid that she had become like this overnight, and that Karloi no longer believed in HR , but there was another thing that scared her the most.

She was worried about what could have happened to Denise if there was really a revolt on the estate, and that makes her crazy. Even if she's safe, if Yvonne dies here, she won't be able to see her anyway. How on earth can she get down to the estate in this situation?

Even Mary Ann was not around, so she kept thinking, trembling with anxiety, and tears came out as she was alone in the empty bedroom.

She was crying with her face in her lap when she heard the door open. In the midst of silence, she looked up at the ringing door and found Karloi. The dim light on the side of the bed did not clear all the darkness of the bedroom, so she wondered if she was only hallucinating.

"...Kal?"

Seeing him come close to the bed, it seemed not to be a hallucination. It was not long before Karloi came so close that she could see his face. There was a very faint smell of alcohol.