Ch 17

3.3 The Empress cannot hate the Emperor (2)
*
*
*
Selling the brooch that Kal gave was more difficult than she thought. All of the neighboring rural grocers refused to buy it.

It was too dangerous to buy it, since it was so valuable. Besides, they said that they didn't have the ability to pay the full price.

Lilian could only sell it to a small city jeweler, a little far from the dark forest.

"Oh, Lou. Where did all of this come from?"

Denise couldn't hide her doubts when she saw Lilian coming home with a load of medicine. Regardless, Lilian excitedly laughed.

"Yes, it was something but it's not a bad thing!"

"But why can't you tell me?"

"You don't need to know, Mom. The physician says that this can easily last a year! So you don't have to sew anymore, Mom!"

Denise continued to pursue Lilian, but a weak person could not beat a healthy child.

Besides, the medicine was even better than the old one. How great is the effect of expensive drugs!

Denise's coughing subsided two days after taking the medicine and was able to move a little more.

As soon as she got up, Denise started looking for a job. The surprise and joy of Denise made Lilian want to hug and kiss Kal wildly.

Lilian was so excited and ran to the place of the thugs, humming songs. Gold coins were held in one hand, and expensive foods for Kal in the other.

However, unlike usual, the thugs stood together with serious faces in front of the place where Kal was trapped.

For a few days, the thugs left Kal without hitting him, but seeing what they were doing, it seemed that something had happened.

Lilian held her breath and took a seat next to him.

"Isn't it too dangerous? He's not just a kid."

"It's dangerous, but with that much money, do you think we have any choice? Now, if we couldn't do it, do you know what the Duke will do to us?"

"But, he's still a child."

"I'm going to give you enough money to be able to fully escape from here. Hopefully we can cross over to Mach. Don't you know that this will be the end of our damn life?"

"Okay."

"In three days."

It didn't sound good, but she could notice all the important things. Lilian was convinced when she saw the faces of the thugs.

The deal wasn't going well, and it was clear that the order to kill Kal was given accordingly. She hasn't seen anything like this once or twice.

Lilian stared at the gold coin in her hand.

Could it be said that this is not a bad thing? It's the money she got from him. If she ignores the boy who was trapped and lets him die, would this money become bad money then?

At least, Lilian didn't give or receive anything from the people before him.

"You're here?"

As Lilian entered, the guilt grew stronger as she saw his face brighten noticeably.

In the direction Lilian moved, Kal moved his head. The only free place among the bound bodies was the head, and even that head was turned only for Lilian. It looked like the kid who only sees Lilian.