Ch 64

10.2 The Empress Does Not Know the Emperor (2)
*
*
*
Karloi looked at the rosemary flowers in a vase on his office desk. He regretted that it would have been better not to receive that flower. The purple light he saw whenever he raised his head, the scent he felt when he lowered his head, everything made him think of Yvonne.

Even if he tries to clean it up, he ends up hesitating. Yvonne's face, when she heard that the flower she had given him will be placed well on Karloi's desk, made him hesitate.

Yvonne laughed at nothing. He just said he will put the flowers he gave her on the desk. Her laughter increased so much that he wondered if it was the same person who seemed to remain expressionless even if a person died before that.

However, it wasn't that the laughter was big or frequent, only an unsavory and unwelcome thirst. He didn't feel like a dog panting to catch the dripping water, at all, not at all.

He shouldn't have received that flower.

"If you don't like it, I'll clean it up."

Gorten touched the vase.

"Did I say I don't?"

In an aggressive tone, Gorten put his hand back in and shrugged. If a person stares at a vase all week, that means he doesn't like it. And it's not surprising now that Karloi does things he doesn't understand.

Gorten, who gave up the vase, reached for the bottle and the glass next to him. Karloi never looked for alcohol in his life, but these days he would always have it in his bedroom, and even in his office. It doesn't seem to be a good habit to work while drinking, but it didn't seem like much of a habit either.

"Leave it as it is."

"Yes?"

"I often leave it there for drinking."

"...What's going on these days? To someone who doesn't even like alcohol."

When asked by Gorten, Karloi suddenly smirked.

"Did anything ever happen to me? It's new."

It was a self-help tone, but it wasn't wrong. Gorten briefly looked at the Emperor, whom he had seen since he was very young, with a wistful face and arranged his facial expression. If he gets caught wearing this face, he'll definitely hear it.

"Then stop looking at the vase and go to the banquet hall."

It was the eve of the first party of the Arva Loop. The entire palace was decorated with colorful insignia and the capital was crowded by nobles from the provinces. An excited atmosphere surrounded the entire capital.

"What about Asher?"

"I released him today because he was whining that he had to escort His Majesty unconditionally. I'm sure he'll show up soon."

Gorten replied grunting. When Yvonne told him that she was not an illegitimate child, Asher denied the reality for a while with a shocked face, eventually taking responsibility for what he said. Gorten, who was excited, said that this time he would learn the concept of upper and lower clothes, and left Asher in a place where he could do chores for a week, but it seemed that today was still a party.

(I was just trying to be a little moderate, but, no, I was trying to pretend to be nice, but I felt like I was in trouble.)

Walking toward the banquet hall, Karloi thought.

"Oh, Your Majesty the Empress came first."

The moment he saw a woman waiting for him standing at the door to the banquet hall, all the complicated feelings turned into thirst and drove Karloi away.