Ch 61

9.4 The Empress Does Not Know the Emperor (1)
*
*
*
Coming out of the Empress' Palace, Karloi headed straight to Keana's residence. Karloi did not neglect to stop by the palace while his relationship with Yvonne progressed. It was a picture he had to show to the Duke of Delua, and to the nobles who had come to his side.

"You'd better keep coming to my palace like this."

Keana, who always had a bright face to say, looked serious today. Her face seemed to be getting gaunt. Her father, Marquis Roden, was just nodding his head next to his daughter to see if he had any thoughts.

"That's right, Your Majesty. The Duke of Dunya's power is also great, but it cannot be ignored that Kieana's position as Queen also keeps the union intact. If Keana gets pushed out of here, it's going to be ambiguous."

"I know that. Because the Queen is still in good health to believe in the relationship between me and the Empress after covering up as the peasants say."

Keana couldn't stay focused. Keana, who was sitting alone with a nervous face, opened her mouth carefully.

"The Empress is completely taken over, isn't she? I heard from Dunya."

Karloi gave a slight nod, but Keana's face didn't improve at all. At this point, indifferent Karloi couldn't help noticing it.

When does she push him into the Empress?

"Why? Don't you trust the Empress?"

"Do you believe in Her Majesty?"

"I trust her enough to ask for a job."

Keana still blurted at his answer with a serious face.

"What's wrong?"

"...Nothing. I was afraid the Duke of Delua wouldn't leave me alone."

Karloi thought it wasn't what Keana wanted to say, but he didn't ask any more. He hasn't seen Keana for a long time, but he knew she was the one to speak if she thought it was a must-do.

The Marquis of Roden reassured his daughter, saying that in a tense situation like this, the Duke could not easily use his hands. Keana listened to her father in one ear and out on the other.

It was the Empress, not the Duke, that really bothered her. Keana knew by intuition that the Empress had noticed her relationship with Clyde. Otherwise, she would never ask her about it. There's no evidence, but you never know.

Because of the Arva Loop, she met the Empress twice, and each time, Yvonne Delua kept looking at Keana with an eye of observation. She was suffocated by not knowing what her intention was.

"Keana... Keana!"

It was only after hearing the Marquis of Roden calling her name again that Keana was relieved of her anxiety. Keana smiled casually at the Emperor and Marquis who looked at her suspiciously.

Yes, if the Empress had crossed sides as the Emperor said, there is no need for her to touch her and Clyde. It was all a sensitive worry.

Keana will be fine. And Clyde...

Keana had no idea that her glimpses of anxiety had affected Karloi.

------------------

After a week, the Duke was not seen without a hitch in the capital. She tried to ask him to go to the estate, but she couldn't see him, so she couldn't ask him. Yvonne was so suspicious that the Duke's absence was ominous.

Hans Delua was a man who did not tolerate that he was not in the capital of the empire. But from a certain point, the time he was stuck in the estate became longer.