16 (Updated)

"For leaving me on probation...I thought I should thank you."

  Probation? I paused at the words. It was natural for a first-time offender to receive a probation sentence for drugs, but Yoon Hee-gyeom at the time was in a worse situation. It was because he had cannabis and ecstasy in his house, which he would never consume alone. Therefore, of course I thought he'd be sentenced to prison. But it's a probation?

   I bit my lip.  Kim Tae-woon, you son of a bitch.  That thought ran through my mind again.  It was Kim Tae-woon who reported the situation to me, who had been hospitalized for a long time due to acute poisoning.  ‘Yoon Hee-sung was arrested as a current criminal.  He is denying the things that came out of the house investigation, but it sounds like he will be sentenced to prison.’ When I heard the report up to that point, I just nodded.  I was satisfied because I thought I would never see Yoon Hee-sung again.  By the time I was discharged from the hospital, the incident had already been erased from my mind.

  Although he was a first-time offender, I assumed he would have been sentenced to prison for several months.  If I had been caught, I would have escaped without a probation, but Yoon Hee-sung was not likely.  But what's this?  Did I get him out on probation?  Did I do it myself without knowing it?

  "You should have done it sooner if you were going to thank me and apologize."

  That's what I was saying, but I was actually embarrassed inside.

  "…I couldn't meet you."

  I endured calling Kim Tae-woon right away. I want to strangle him after I step on him with him right in front of me. I wanted to.

  He says he works for me, but I can't believe that he does this job for me.  If Yoon Hee-gyeom appeared in front of my eyes again, what I would do, he who knew my personality would have guessed without difficulty.  So he must have prevented me from seeing him and kept him out of sight.  For five years, Kim Tae-woon protected Yoon Hee-gyeom from me.

   Of course, I had known from the beginning that bastard was backing people up, taking the people who had been hit by me out of my sight until I lose interest in it.  Broadly speaking, even if those actions would have been for me. I do evil deeds, but it was Kim Tae-woon who was worried about my karma.  I never asked him to worry, but it wasn't so bad that I laughed at those actions that were meant for me, so I let Kim Tae-woon as it is. Kim Tae-woon was my brake.

   I know that the case of Yoon Hee-sung five years ago was the same.  But my emotions do not follow the rationality.  I don't know why.  In Yoon Hee-sung's work, I had no intention of stepping on the brake at the time.  But Kim Tae-woon deceived me and stepped on the brake.  Even though I know what kind of person Kim Tae-woon is, was Kim Tae-woon also bewitched by Yoon Hee-gyeom?  So he tried to take him away from me.  This thought ran through my mind.

   “Is that your answer? Thank you. Is that all?”

   I asked fiercely, trying to shake off my displeasure towards Kim Tae-woon.  My mood was low enough, but there was still something to be heard, so I forcibly put up with it.  He said he have something to apologize for, not thank you. Yoon Hee-gyeom didn't say anything for a while, but then he muttered with a very tired face.