38

After hanging up the phone, Ahn Hyun-jin looked at me. There was no sign of assault on her neck. There was no awkwardness or embarrassment on her expression. She was also my ideal wife in that she knew exactly where she was and how to behave. Ahn Hyun-jin, who plays her role well. It was loyalty and duty to stand by as a partner. Not only to her, but also to me.

Ahn Hyun-jin looked at me for a while and said,

"The president told me to come to the house today."

"I think you should go first. I have to stop by somewhere."

After the performance, it's about ten o'clock. If I go to a drinking party and show my face for a moment... No, what do I do when I get there? It was enough to meet Yang Sun-woong next time. There are a few other movies I touch in the first place, so I won't be able to follow every company dinners. There is no reason for me to go there even if Yang Sun-woong calls me. There's definitely no reason for that.

"...I'm leaving first."

There was a notification that the show was about to start. When I stood up, the eyes of the various bosses and their wives opened wide. Ahn Hyun-jin's face was no different. Then I patted her cheek lightly. Her eyes were shaking but were fixed on me with a surprised face.

"Do me this favor."

"......Yes,"

After I heard her answer, I left the message to the boss and wives that I would go first for work and turned around. As soon as I came out, the intermission ended and the light went out. In the dark room, the sound of applause that began to pour out as I left the concert hall.

I didn't know when it started.

But my heart was beating like it was going to explode.

The party was in full swing in the hotel lounge. Most of the actors in the movie were seen as staff. But it wasn't the faces I knew. As I passed among the people who were already drunk and flirting, many eyes were looking at me.

"Oh, Jaehan ah!"

Yang Sun-woong found me from innermost table and shouted. My heart was still beating breathlessly, thump thump thump thump. I approached the table, catching my breath amid the ringing sound in my ears. Yang Hyun-ji approached and folded her arms on mine. I scanned the people sitting on the sofa while being dragged by her pulling me. All the faces I was used to were gathered there.

"Director Jung!"

It was Han Ju-sung who say hello as he stood up. My tongue felt bitter. I gave a glance to the man next to him, receiving the greeting roughly. Yoon Hee-gyeom. I don't know how much he drank, but he had a rather sullen face.

"Hey, you said you wouldn't be here until 11 o'clock."

"Because it's not fun."

"Right. Hyunji here said how much she missed you. She said that she don't see you often."

Yang Sun-woong had a little bit of alcohol and his usual mask was slightly off. Although his tone was sluggish, he stood up.

"That's why it's nice to marry Hyunji. How pretty, our Hyunji."

"Ahh, oppa! Don't say that!"

"Yang Sun-woong must have been drunk."

The man's words sounded like a dog, and he sat down. Yang Sun-woong smiled ​​with a friendly face, but Yang Hyun-ji who couldn't do anything about her red face avoided me. Although he was smiling, Yang Sun-woong also seemed to be cool with my cold response. After drinking alcohol, he turned his attention to Yoon Hee-gyeom as the next target.

"But Director Yoon. You are really handsome. How about starting over as an actor?"

Even after caught with marijuana, he is doing well on his comebacks. Saying that, Yang Sun-woong laughed.

"What I originally wanted to do was directing."

"Oh, did you?"

It was a story that Yoon Hee-gyeom mentioned not only in a magazine interview but also in a broadcast that he appeared at the time. Originally, he wanted to be a director....It was hard to read the inside because his expression always look so calm. Is there really no any lingering regrets as an actor? That's the question. No, it was a question I had before. No wonder somehow it felt weird.

"Hee-gyeomie studied directing really hard. He's been going around the country writing scenarios for the past few years. We don't have to go around looking for a separate location. Director Yoon has it all in his head."

Han Ju-sung, who was drunk on alcohol suddenly spoke up. As if he felt proud that he couldn't stand it without showing off. I heard that he personally selected Yoon Hee-gyeom. Did they have a special relationship? Since it's Hangyeom Pictures. 'Han' Joo-seong and Yoon-hee 'Gyeom'. Hangyeom. No matter how I think about it, I can only think of it as an abbreviation of the two names.

"I was really surprised. The movie got crank in too quickly." Yang Hyun-ji chimed in. (according to google,crank in is an expression used often by Korean journalist when filmmakers start to shoot a movie)
Yang Hyun-ji chimed in.