79

Daily life has somehow passed. No, when I look back, time flies fast. For me, who barely slept, the day was long and harsh, but the day was getting warmer as I lived a busy life.When I returned from a business trip in United States, the air that touched my skin seemed less cold than before. The long hours of flight fueled my fatigue. My body is heavy and my eyes hurt, will I be able to sleep well today? Before going on the business trip, I went to the hospital periodically to take sleeping pills and sleep to manage my condition, but I could hardly sleep during the ten days in the United States.

   Kim Tae-woon immediately asked me to go to the hospital so I can rest, but the time I arrived was in broad daylight. I didn't want to sleep because I was under the influence of drugs, so I decided to just work. Upon arriving at the company, the secretary reported on what was going on upon my absence and about if there is any calls looking for me. If there was an urgent matter, I would have been contacted immediately, but it was a report on things that were not very high of priority.

   "And Han Ju-sung, CEO of Hangyeom Pictures, contacted me yesterday that he wanted to see director."

   "...Han Ju-sung?"

   "Yes. He have something to talk about the movie <Hong Cheon Gi>. Shall we set a schedule for it?”

   <Hong Cheon Gi>. It was written and directed by Yoon Hee-gyeom, and it is the  title of the movie that he is currently filming.

   "Don't you know what's going on?"

   "From what I've investigated, there seems to be a conflict of opinions with the actress on the shoot regarding the movie's ending ahead. I think actress Yang....”

   "Ahh"

   The secretary was speechless, but I could understand the situation. I thought it was a little funny. He saw me behaving like that on the bar, and after that everytime he saw me, he'd tremble with fear. I wonder how desperate he must have been for him to contact me. For Han Ju-sung, he must have felt desperate enough to grasp at least a straw even though its rotten.

   "I'll call CEO Han and...."

When should we see each other? I thought about it for a while, but there was no any rational idea that will come out of my foggy mind. I have a full schedule starting from tomorrow onwards. Its either unless I take a moment to see your face or see you very late at night. Ah, however suddenly I might just have a free time.

  "Let's have dinner together tonight. The location will be set by Secretary Lee."

  "Director..."

  Kim Tae-woon dissuaded me, but I kept his mouth shut by raising my hand. If I find the time to spare and ask to meet him, I will not see him until a long time later. However, I don't want to cancel or postpone other appointments to meet Han Ju-sung.

  "Call Dr. Kim and say that I'm going to be late."

  Kim Tae-woon bit his lips at what I said. His face looks like he didn't like it so much, but even if I fall asleep early in the evening, it's obvious that I'll wake up at dawn and suffer. I'm not saying I won't go. I'm just saying I'll be late. In the end, there was nothing that Kim Tae-woon could go against my will.

  Hearing from the secretary that an appointment with Han Joo-sung was made, I buried myself deeply in the chair.  In fact, the back of my neck was stiff and my shoulders were heavy. Kim Taewoon probably knew I was like that, so even if I couldn't sleep, he wanted me to lie down and rest.…but I didn't want to wait any longer.

  One month. It has already been a month since I last saw Yoon Hee-gyeom.

It wasn't like I couldn't eat Korean food just because I was in the States but still the restaurant the secretary seize was a Korean restaurant. When I opened the sliding door and entered, Han Ju-sung, who arrived first, stood up looking nervous from his seat. He's nervous but he look scared of me.

  "Oh, it's been a while, Director Jung."

  "Yes, it's been a while. Let's sit down."

  "Yes, yes."

  Han Ju-sung didn't know what to do  himself until I sat down, but when I sat down, he sat across from me. The table was prepared immediately. Han Ju-sung looked pale the whole time, and I drank water while wiping my hands in a warm wet towel with an uncaring attitude about him.

  "Let's eat."

  "Oh, yes."

  I could only hear the clinking sound of the utensils in the silence. Even so Han Ju-sung kept looking at me and couldn't eat properly. Why did you want to see me? I wanted to ask him that, but it was not the moment to ask him yet. Shouldn't you eat at least half of the meal then bring up the business? I'm not curious about it myself because I could guess what Han Ju-sung would say.

  If he hadn't come alone, I might have made it a little comfortable. But when I opened the sliding door and saw him waiting for me alone, I didn't feel very good.

  "My secretary chose this place. Doesn't it suit your taste?"

  Han Ju-sung was picking at the food while nervously looking at me. Pointing out his attitude and asking like that on purpose, he was noticeably shaken. He shakes his head violently while trembling.

  "No, it's not! It's really good. It's delicious."

  Then he start to scoop and gobble up with the spoon. At that rate, I thought he was going to choke, then, as expected he turn his head while coughing with force spewing rice. He coughs like he's out of breath and drinks the water, then he coughs again in his throat. I couldn't help but frown, so I put down my spoon. My mouth felt rough like I ate a handful of sand so I naturally didn't have an appetite  still I just dropped it but after looking at him, I don't think I can consume any further.

  "I,I'm sorry.….”

  Han Ju-sung lowered his head as his face turned bright red and tears welled up. Still, he coughed a few more times, and if I said a word, it was as if he was about to kneel down. I've never used my hands directly on Han Ju-sung, but what's so scary that he's afraid of me? Ah, I heard that he had worked on this industry for a long time so he heard a lot about me and maybe that is the reason he is scared of me now.

  "Did you prefer alcohol?"

  "Wh, What?"

  "If you're not going to eat the food, would the alcohol be better? Should I order it for you?"

  "N, no.….”

  He was trembling again.

  "If you want to drink it, Director Jung, No, I'll treat you!! Cough, cough!!"

  He choked on something while he was talking and he doesn't look good while coughing and spewing up.