86

On the hospital hallway, Kim Tae-woon was standing vacantly in a disorganized manner, unlike usual. As he swept his tangled hair over and over again, he found me and approached me quickly. He had a serious stiff face.

"What happened?"

"... I don't think she knew it either. It had been three months, but she tripped over the stairs while coming down from the room and rolled over."

"Why did she end up rolling down the stairs every day? Is it the Chairman?"

The question was whether there had been anything that shocked her, since she probably wouldn't have just rolled over. If it was something that would shock her, there was no doubts for me other than Chairman Jung. But Kim Tae-woon's answer was different.

"I think it's a problem on her mother's side. There was a call log for a while before the time of the accident."

"What problem?"

"It's just about money. The chairman must have known in advance because he found out while I am preparing for the divorce. He might have said something."

The face of the man who talked about divorce was gloomy. It was a divorce that was being delayed because there were things to be sorted out, including alimony issues. A few days ago, I heard that I only had to submit divorce papers, so I was thinking that I should slowly notify Chairman Jung and Ahn Hyun-jin.

"Did the Chairman knew my decision?"

"I'm sure he knew it. When he sees me doing only one thing as he passed by, whether it's at the house or at the shopping district."

It was a partner worthy of such treatment, but Chairman Jung didn't seem to be satisfied. The three-year period may have been a short time to pay for such a price, but Ahn Hyun-jin was a woman who knew her place, so I calculated that she would live quietly for the rest of her life if I gave her enough to live in the future.

When the conversation with Kim Tae-woon was over and I entered the room, Ahn Hyun-jin was lying down with her pale face. She had a face that looked sick, but her eyes remained open. The moment the woman's eyes, who had been staring at empty space, met me, she began to shake violently. Her tears welled up, and the sobbing continued.

"...Jaehan ssi......"

I'd have to say that its pathetic and pitiful. Half of the children this woman lost are children mixed with my genes.

I didn't show any sign of interest. If there's any regret, it is not her miscarriage that is regrettable, but to give birth to children and the fact that I will have to act as a stallion again someday is more regrettable. If Ahn Hyun-jin was pregnant, the divorce would have to be delayed further, but I could have eased the concerns about my successor. In terms of relationship with Yoon Hee-gyeom, getting divorced a year later wouldn't have been a big deal.....

No, there was a warning in my head that this thought was complacent.

"I think this is it, Ahn Hyunjin."

The timing was not very good, but it seemed like an appropriate timing. It's already been decided anyway, the faster and simpler way I break it to her, the better.

"..What.. does it mean?"

"I was preparing it in the first place. You can discuss with Chief Kim about the alimony, and I'll tell the Chairman tomorrow."

Ahn Hyun-jin's face became surprised as if she had been struck by lightning. She freeze for a moment, as if she is holding her breath, then, her trembling voice escaped from between her white, dry lips.