58

Kim Tae-woon didn't dodge my hand which is hitting him. I slapped him on the cheek again. He had a body as large as a bear and endured my wretched hand which is slapping his cheek three times.  Although his body was wobbly, he did not fall and immediately put his head back.  At this point, it feels like only the person who hit him will be the one who'd feel like a fool.

  I didn't even want to hit him anymore, so I shook my hand and looked at him. He was looking at me silently, too. There was no anger or injustice towards me in his eyes that did not show any signs of agitation.

  "I understand."

  My voice was calm. He looked surprised, but I wasn't really in a very angry state. As I said, I understood his situation.

“It’s true that your father is the Chairman’s person.”

  “…….”

  "But you."

  When I poked his chest with my finger, his large body pushed back into place.

“Would you like to work under the Chairman?  Do you work under him monitoring me?  Ah.  Are you already in that role? I mistook you for working under me, did I?”

  "……No."

  "You speak well, but aren't you still at my eye level?”

  Kim Tae-woon shoulders shivered. But there was no trembling in his eyes that is looking at me.

  He knelt in front of me as if it was natural.  Even though it was the first time I had asked him for such a posture, it seemed natural.  It was not enough that his eye level had been lowered for a while, so Kim Tae-woon bowed his head.  The representation of “Joarida”* seemed appropriate for the mess he made. (Joarida means bowing one's head repeatedly in Korean)

  "…I'm sorry. I was rash."

  "You're a good talker.”

  Slap! I hit his face with the back of my hand again. This time, blood splattered through the air, maybe because his lips burst. Although his face was greatly damage, Kim Tae-woon sat upright again.  He couldn't have look more loyal than this.

"Get your hands off the job involving Yoon Hee-gyeom. You've already failed to make him out of my sight.”

  "…..Director."

  Kim Tae-woon seemed dissatisfied that I got entangled with Yoon Hee-gyeom no matter what.  I don't think he conveys my affairs to Chairman Jung.  If he had mentioned Yoon Hee-gyeom to Chairman Jung, it would mean that he'd have a bigger interest of this issue himself.  Even by borrowing Chairman Jung's hand, he thought that he should separate Yoon Hee-gyeom from me.

  He was overpowering in the sense that I didn't want it.  At first there was no anger at all, but now I was getting a little bit annoyed.  I knew that the bastard was a person who couldn't follow his master's orders, so he tried to talk back.

  "Are you acting as if you're my older brother now?"

  “…….”

  "It's a real shock that you don't know it's not your turn. Did I have such a bad eye for people?"

"Director. Yoon Hee-gyeom was already involved in the mess once."

"He said I gave him a probation sentence.Yoon Hee-gyeom thought I did it all and said thank you. Oh, I forgot to tell you that Yoon Hee-gyeom said thank you."

"Yoon Hee-gyeom doesn't know, but that's not the only thing that actually happened."

"....."

I was the one who was speechless this time. That's not the only thing that happened. Besides giving Yoon Hee-gyeom a probation, it was actually more preceded than that. However, my anger rose beyond annoyance and irritation at his cheeky remarks that brought out what had been buried.

"Why? Did the ecstasy and cannabis from Yoon Hee-gyeom's house have my name on it?"

"......."

"At that time did I put the drugs there myself to screw Yoon Hee-gyeom? Or what? Where is the Manager bastard you bought me to talk with? Did he come back to Korea after saying I sent him to the Philippines?"

Kim Tae-woon shook his head silently.

"That's right, if you'd done your job right."