37

There was a meal with the group executives.  Even though I am the director of the subsidiary company but I was present as the deputy chairman of the meeting.  I didn't want to come because it wasn't fun. I wanted to have fun until the official succession, but after I turned 30, the things that were required of me were quite heavy and cumbersome.

    After dinner, we went to a classical concert.  Singers who won prizes in famous competitions came out and sang.  The performance wasn't bad. I had no liking in classical music in the first place, but I enjoyed the content.  Among the many singers, I particularly liked the baritone who selected an aria from Lucia di Lammermoor. (Its an opera performance.Search google to know whats it about😊)  Anyway, the performance was carefully selected as it was a venue prepared to treat important people.

    It would have been much better if the phone hadn't been crying in my pocket in the meantime. I had it vibrated, but the jiggle in my arms was not annoying at all.  When I identified the caller, it was a call that was not so important as to simply pass it on as a rejection. I tried to ignore it until the end, but I kept getting calls tirelessly. In the end, the call was made in a timely manner during the intermission, so I had no choice but to answer the call.

   "Hello."

    [Oh, Jaehan ah]

    I thought I would hear a woman's voice, but it was a thick man's voice. The number belonged to Yang Hyun-ji, but the main character of the voice was Yang Sun-woong.

     [Are you busy?]

     "I have a meeting. I guess you came back to Korea."

    He came back to Korea, joined the company, and now he was in China. He said he was flying back and forth to Korea like taking KTX (short for Korean Train Express), but he hadn't contact me in his entire life, so it was obvious that he was trying to contact me now.

   [Oh, yeah. I just came visit for a while. I called to see your face. You're going to come to the party with the filming team, right?]

    It was a party Yang Hyun-ji begged me to come. Since they said they would start shooting within this week, the actors and officials had previously insisted on having gatherings to get closer to each other. Although it was an event that the investors is not invited, Yang Hyun-ji insisted me to attend so she could have a close relationship with me.  There are often dinner parties while filming, but even as an investor, it was not the place for me to go.

   [Is it because it's awkward because of Director Yoon?]

   For a moment, the tip of my tongue hardened. Why is that name coming out?  It almost made me jumped out.

   [I heard he's your sandbag?  Hands out on that handsome face huh?]

   Suddenly I felt like I was stuck in the gutter.  It felt like my feet were full of dirt.  No, I'm soaking my feet in the filth. Yang Sun-woong.  Contrary to me, his outward appearance is full of kindness and gentleness.

    [Well...He's handsome. If I ask Director Yoon for a separate request, he'll accept right?]

    But I knew another face of this bastard.  He wants me to meet Yang Hyun-ji then saying that he will takes good care of Yoon Heegyeom. Just the two of us. Haa…it's obvious what you're going to do. That bastard will get the meal while i get the weed.  They were equally stinky rubbish.

    ".....You won't mess around with him,don't you?"

   [Why? I can just pay for it]

   Just like you did. He did not add it, but it contained that meaning. Distribution contracts and my investment seemed to be a big deal in others' eyes. Yang Sun-woong also means that he will satisfy his greed and fix it with money. Even though he pretended to be elegant and noble, Yang Sun-woong and I were living like this.

  "If you mess up the movie after touching the director for no reason, my money is also money, but how can you face CEO Yang after that?"

  [Ah...That is going to take a while, as expected. I invest 500 million, too. Damn, I can't come again for a while if I go this time. Is there a shooting location on China?]

  Cigarette. Suddenly, I was desperate for a cigarette. The intermission is short, so there is a high probability that if I go out and smoke a cigarette then come back, I will come back in the middle of the performance.  Fuck.  But I really want to smoke.  It's frustrating as if my chest is clogged up.

    [Hurry and come. Come here, let's have fun.]

    “It’s a meeting of representatives of affiliates.” 

    [All of them?]

    "Yeah." 

     [Hey, are you really going to keep living with that woman?]

    Why do others talk more about my wife? Among the heads of affiliates gathered today, those who are related to me by blood also did so. I don't have to live with her, but I also doesn't want to hide it and reveals it. I was quite proud of Ahn Hyun-jin, who faced them with a smile like a doll throughout the meal. I liked how she didn't show it at all even though it was the first time she saw me after being insulted and assaulted by me.

"I think I'll arrive around 11 o'clock."

[All right, then I'll just have to stick to my gut feeling that I can't have him. Come and check it.]