93

CW//TW: Profanities, slight smut, mention of drugs, drinking

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Everyday has passed as always. I worked, met people, and suffered from insomnia like always at night. It was a life that nothing had changed. There was no reason to change in the first place.

'Knock knock.' Consciousness rose to the surface at the sound of knocking. My head hurts and my eyes felt as if its going to pop out, so I guess I fell asleep while resting and burying myself in the chair. I rubbed my face with my hands and glanced at my watch. Looked like I slept for about 30 minutes.

It was Kim Tae-woon who came in after the door opened. It doesn't feel like he's going to come here, so why did he come here? I picked up a cigarette box that was thrown randomly on the desk then took out a cigarette and asked.

"What is it?"

"There's a problem with the shopping side."

"...Sit down."

When I chinned towards the table, Kim Tae-woon sit on the sofa. I also got up from my seat and sat on the sofa. Kim Tae-woon pushed the ashtray in front of me, and the explanation continued while the ash was being blown out.

"CEO Jung Tae-sun, he went into the investigation for embezzlement."

Jung Tae-sun was the third son of Chairman Jung Se-jin. He was said to have caused all sorts of problems since he was a teenager, so he was kept out of sight early from Chairman Jung Se-jin, but later he came to his senses and learned business management. However, he was close to incompetence but he was also a person who was fully aware of the position of the President of the affiliated TY department store. Jung Tae-sun was very friendly to me because my succession has firmly solidified so early and it was also the wish of Chairman Jung Se-jin. When I was young, he smiled with a silly face and opened the way for me to experience this and that, saying that studying or exercising is not the only important thing in life. Nevertheless, my feelings about receiving the report from Kim Tae-woon were just uninterested.

"I think the suspicion of slush funds has arisen. Immediately the prosecution..."

"Who else is aiming to be in the position as my father-in-law now?"

Kim Tae-woon's expression hardened for a while when I mentioned Ahn Young-joon. Regardless of the genealogy, Ahn Young-joon was the Prosecutor General. It would be natural for the prosecution not to favor TY, who appeased such a person under the pretext of marriage to overcome the crisis and used an even greater power to get him kicked out of his position. There was also a possibility of a targeted investigation. Whether the divorce with Ahn Hyun-jin provided an excuse for it or not, my thoughts tilted towards it.

"I think there must have been an internal accusation."

"Hah?"

"If this continues, Vice President Jung Hee-jin will interfere, but his movement is unusual. There is a rumor that they are collecting department store stocks with managing Director Kim Ho-young of Yemaek*. There will be a new stock issue soon." (TN:Yemaek is the name of the company)

Kim Tae-woon's words continued after that, but all of them escaped from one ear through the other ear. In short, it is said that my aunts and uncles were fighting each other by screwing each other with affiliates. With the expansion of the duty-free shop business ahead of issuance of new shares, this should be an opportunity. Given that Jung Hee-jin's husband and managing Director Kim Ho-young of Yemaek Construction were mentioned, Kim Tae-woon, or Chairman Jung Se-jin behind it, seemed to be looking at a slightly bigger picture. Maybe aunt Jung Hee-jin is dreaming of separating affiliates. If this is the case, Chairman Jung Se-jin and his legal team can took care of it. However, Kim Tae-woon's nuance is telling me to interfere. I assumed Chairman Jung's intention is that I should step up and organize it. As Chairman Jung intended, such an issue will usually lead to a favorable spirit or interest, but, if it were my usual self, I might have listened a little more.