77

I received a paper bag containing Yoon Hee-gyeom's clothes and shoes that he previously wore and shoved it into the back seat of the car. However, Yoon Hee-gyeom did not get into the car. He just stood there and looked at me with a cold gaze.

Oh Min-ju, who was seeing him off, was also looking at him and me with puzzled eyes. When I waved my hand to tell her to go in at once, Oh Min-ju rushed into the store.

"...Get in."

Yoon Hee-gyeom was just looking at me.

"I'll take you home."

But still, he didn't move. Silence fell on the night street, where there was no sign of people. The silence seemed to suffocate me. A corner of my chest felt throbbing in pain, and I also felt like the ground under my feet was sinking. It was the anxiety that resembled pain. For the past two weeks, whenever I think of Yoon Hee-gyeom, it was one of the emotions that bothered me so much that I couldn't sleep.

"This, too."

Finally, Yoon Hee-gyeom's voice rang out. His voice was cold.

"Is this hwadae?""

His words was more terrible than the silence.

Fuc...reflexively, I bit my lips to hold back the swearing that was about to come out. As emotions resembling anger grew, my face is heated up and my eyes lit up. My backbone is pulling and the top of my head is about to explode.

"Yoon Hee Gyeom ssi....you have a great talent for scratching people's temper."

At that moment, a violent anger swept over me, but I held it in. I want to pounce on excessively and beat him up but even my heart does not feel like it. I thought maybe it was because I was so angry. Yoon Hee-gyeom, who dares to resist is ridiculously absurd.

"Shut up and get in when I'm still saying it nicely."

A hoarse, cracked voice came out like a growl. Whether Yoon Hee-gyeom got in or not, I opened the driver's door and got in the car. Bang! When I closed the car door and started the engine, the passenger door opened. It was Yoon Hee-gyeom. After he got into the car, I calmed myself down and drove the car.

There was an awful silence in the car. My mood, which had improved after seeing him dressed up for a moment, was also subdued as if shot down by the word hwadae and this awkward and awful silence. Fuck, what do you mean by hwadae? Even though he only quote back what I said to him, a terrible feeling was going off in my head. Hwadae. In addition to that, I even called him prostitute.

"...Ha."

A short sigh escaped my mouth. Yoon Hee-gyeom doesn't look at me, and I don't look at Yoon Hee-gyeom either. No... I can't look at Yoon Hee-gyeom.

The anger or irritation subsided as easily as it burned easily. No, it may not have been anger or irritation because it was an emotion that I couldn't express to Yoon Hee-gyeom in the first place. It's just that my heart is heavy and cramped...so it hurt a lot. I thought it was a feeling of guilt, but it was not a feeling of complete guilt. I haven't done nothing wrong which makes me feel sorry to him, and I didn't even feel sorry at all so it was not a feeling of guilty for me. However, whether it was guilt or not, the pain remained the same.

His stiff face, icy gaze, and utter silence made me angry and annoyed, but at the same time distressed. It is because of the pain that my anger and irritability arise. From the moment I understood it, I became even more troubled by his silence.

The car arrived in front of the old neighbourhood within that silence.

"...Yoon Heegyeom ssi."

Yoon Hee-gyeom did not answer. But he didn't get out of the car. His gaze is fixed forward and he doesn't even look at me.