36

I smiled and held out my hand to shake his hand. The young face in his debut music video, seen through a blurry video, was more similar to his current face than his later days as an actor. The rough feeling of being tanned and sunburned, rather than a stylishly groomed face, was still etched in the same way even after many years had passed.

The black eyes were looking at me without wavering, but my expression was hardened. It is because he didn't hold my hand, he slightly tilted his head and his eyes trembled. Why? It's his first time he's seen a brazen human being who beats people like a dog and acts lowly and thickly as if nothing like that ever happened. Yoon Hee-gyeom, who was expressing his agitation for a while, slowly reached out his hand and held my hand.

"You look good."

Ten days or so passed, the red and blue marks went away, but there were still bruises near his left cheekbone. As I stared at it and smirked, the already cold air froze even colder in an instant. While only breathing could be heard, Yoon Hee-gyeom opened his mouth.

"Thanks for your concern."

My eyebrows twitched for a moment. I would have slapped him if I hadn't held his hand. Cheeky bastard... I chuckled, chewing the cursed in my mouth and pulling the corners of my mouth up. However, I could not help putting strength on his hand, so I held it until it was crushed. Before I let go of my hand, Yoon Hee-gyeom looked at my hand. Like his cheeks, he may have seen the back of my hand with a yellow bruise.

After exchanging greetings, I sat down. A young employee rustled in front of a bottled water bottle in a corner and served mixed coffee side by side in a paper cup. The steaming coffee smelt like the usual unique and savory smell of mixed coffee, but no one touched it.

"Let's talk about work,"

I said, among those who were wary of it, and the discusions began in earnest. There was nothing to do with the investment proposal. What was needed now anyway was not suggestion and persuasion. I didn't come to hear that, I came to sign. I had to put up with a laugh between the explicit words and the documents.

"This is it, Mr. Yang has a strong sense of adventure."

Mr. Yang laughed without hesitation at my words. He may laugh, but I was a bit skeptical for now. It is a reconstruction of the life of a female artist in the early Joseon Dynasty, where there is three main character, but the work itself was quite challenging in terms of dealing with anxiety and anguish as a human being rather than success as a painter. On the second half, if the actress can portray the feeling that it will break and crumble even if she touch it with the slightest mistake, a good work will come out only if the director and actress can portray it through good directing and acting. However, historical dramas had some limitations, and it remains to be seen whether focusing on events or the story could express the emotions well throughout the story. The movie itself is so challenging, and President Yang pointed out that he was taking the risks because his investment stake was too large.

It was a film with a budget of 6 billion won. The net production cost is close to 4 billion won. However, considering that it is a historical drama, it was never considered sufficient. The cost of props, costumes, and sets would not be too high. Although the production cost is not high, the film is challenging, and the director is not a famous director, the stake held by President Yang and his people was close to 50%. No matter how much he loved his daughter, he wanted to invest such a large amount of money, but in the end, the thought that they believed in me was insane.

"Can I light a cigarette?"

No one answered, but I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket and put it into my mouth. No one offered to light the fire, so I lit a cigarette with my own hands. I took a deep sip, inhaled the smoke, and exhaled slowly, looking at the proposal once more. I whisked the ashes in the cold coffee. It didn't take long to burn all of the cigarette. Things change depending on how much I invest. Although he was smiling, President Yang's sweat on his forehead was revealing his true feelings. I decided to invest anyway. This side will take care of the distribution, but .......

I threw my last smoke into the coffee, plucking the burnt cigarette. I turned my head to the side... and looked at Yoon Hee-gyeom. Yoon Hee-gyeom must have been looking at me, his eyes met mine the moment I turned my head. But it was only for a moment. Yoon Hee-gyeom then turned his head. He close his eyes and biting his lower lip. The wounds I had made could not be seen on his lips, which had become white and flaky. I took my eyes off Yoon Hee-gyeom and turned to Han Ju-sung. He flinched when his eyes met mine as he is trembling with anxiety. What should I do? My mouth dried up.