75

"It's here! It's here!"

One of the actresses shouted. It was Yoon Hee-gyeom, without her mentioning the subject.

In response to the fuss, all the eyes of the people on the table turned to one side, and I also followed their line of gaze. Yoon Hee-gyeom was entering the dark room under the green and blue lights.

"Daebak. I'm going to go and bring him here".

It was Moon Soo-in who stood up with an attitude of excitement. Looking at the back of him approaching Yoon Hee-gyeom by moving his legs to and fro, I felt something dark inside me and my backbone pulled up as if my blood pressure was rising. My heart felt stuffy.

What made it even more disappointing was that most of the people, including Yang Hyun-ji, were looking like they were going to die because they liked the situation so much.  Yang Hyun-ji even looked very happy.

"Hyunji, you're so mean, too."

The actress who sat next to Yang Hyun-ji said.

"Of course, when I think of Director Yoon's days as an actor, he's very unlucky, but now I feel a little sorry for him."

"Omo, what did I do?"

Yang Hyun-ji opened her eyes roundly, as she pulled it off with a face that could not hide her smile. It was only then that I could roughly know about the peoples gathered here. Although they are close to Yang Hyun-ji, but they are the ones who hate Yoon Hee-gyeom. Amid various conflicts while filming the movie, Yang Hyun-ji seemed to want to reorganize the power structure by insulting and humiliating Yoon Hee-gyeom.

"Yoon Hee-sung's top star syndrome was no joke when he was doing well. He goes around wearing luxury goods to meet, condescends, and brags to the people around him."

Their evaluation was very unfamiliar to me. As an actor, he had gained popularity, but he knew that he was not well-received among fellow celebrities. It is said that he was from the directing department staff before becoming an actor, and although he was kind to the staff, he went out of his way to the producers who tried to overuse their powers, and often ignore other celebrities. However, it was difficult to imagine Yoon Hee-gyeom, who was wrapped around a top star syndrome or luxury goods. What I've seen is him wearing knits that have an old-fashioned feeling.  Even if he was dressed neatly, it felt a bit wretched. I also thought he was not even interested in dressing neatly. Since he has a nice frame, it wouldn't look bad even if he wore rags, but the current Yoon Hee-gyeom wasn't a fashionable person at all.

"Did you know how ridiculous the girls who confessed that they liked him felt? If he is still Yoon Hee-sung, So-jung eonni would have inevitably grinds her teeth."

That's because Yoon Heegyeom is gay. For some reason, the words lingered at the tip of my tongue because I wanted to explain instead.

"Omo, Soo-in must have started the game first."

When she said that, I looked at the two people standing among the crowd. Moon Soo-in's face was not seen in my sitting position. However, Yoon Hee-gyeom's face looked dim in the dark. I don't know what Moon Soo-in says, but Yoon Hee-gyeom, who moves his mouth as if he was answering him from time to time, had a firm face without emotions. Moon Soo-in suddenly touched Yoon Hee-gyeom's blazer collar. He touched the collar with his palm and soon let go of it as if he had touched something he couldn't.

"Pfft, I knew Soo-in would talk about his clothes."

"What's going on? Isn't he the guy who says he only wore Armani?"

The women laughed out loud and mocked him. I don't know what Moon Soo-in says, but it's probably not much different from these women. However, it was clear that Yoon Hee-gyeom's eyebrows twitched and frowned with some emotions.

"I'm leaving".

I don't know whether the words came first or me getting up from the seat came first. Oppa! Yang Hyun-ji seemed to be desperately shouting, but I ignored it and passed by the crowd. While I'm on my way going to the aisle, I passed by Yoon Hee-gyeom and Moon Soo-in. I couldn't hear it properly because of the loud music, but I clearly heard Moon Soo-in's sarcastic voice to Yoon Hee-gyeom. Did you stop taking drugs? He was pretending to be worried such that he was making provoking remarks.

Passing by them without even giving a glance, I called Kim Tae-woon as soon as I came up to the first floor.

[Hel-]

"Call Oh Min-ju and tell her I'm coming now."

[....At this hour?]

  "I'll be there in 15 minutes.”

  I hung up the phone. And I searched the log of past call records on my cell phone. Two weeks ago. There was only one call, and it was a number that had a record of receiving it.

  Even after finding the number, I hesitated for a while, but I soon pressed the number. It is changed to a call connection screen, and the signal rings when the cell phone is placed on my ear. When I hear those sounds...…, somehow, my mouth felt dry. He'll answer before the ringing signal goes off right? But the other party does not answer the call even after the beep is ringing for a long time. It felt like my heart tightened every time it happened, and it felt like a hole was being drilled in my chest and it was getting wider and wider.

  [.....Hello]

  A low, dry voice pierced my ear. His voice  is mixed with the thumping sound in the club, but

  [....Director Jung?]

  it was Yoon Hee-gyeom's voice.

  "Come out."

  [....What?]

  "I'm in front of the club right now, so come out."

  At that time, my car came and stopped on the driveway in front of me. The bouncer saw me leaving and informed me that he'll get my car out of the parking lot.  The man who got out of the driver's seat got off and grabbed the car door, so I went inside and got on.

  "Come out and get in the car in front of you."

  I turned off my cell phone without listening to his answer. I took out a few bills from my wallet, shoved them into the arms of the guy who pulled out of the car, so they'll leave me alone for a while.

  The passenger seat door opened and Yoon Hee-gyeom got into the car. After confirming that the door was closed with a thud, I stepped on the accelerator. The car sprinted smoothly on the road covered with darkness and colored with orange streetlights.

  "...Where are we going?”

  When I glanced, Yoon Hee-gyeom was looking at me. After seeing him in two weeks, he looked more tired than before.  Is it because of his hard and cold facial expression? He didn't smile well in front of me, but I just realized that his previous face was relaxed, even though he might have been a little nervous. He have such a cold facial expression. It wasn't like that before. Just thinking about it makes me feel like I'm falling off a cliff with a hole in my feet.

  "Director."

  Yoon Hee-gyeom called me asking for an answer, but I didn't answer. It was because I didn't know what to say.

 Then I heard Yoon Hee-gyeom sighing next to me.

  In that silence, I focused only on driving. It was over 10 o'clock, so there were not many cars on the road, so it was quick to arrive at the destination. My personal shopper*, Oh Min-Ju. It was where her shop was. (For the sake of y'all & me who don't know what personal shopper is : an individual who is paid to help another to purchase goods, either by accompanying them while shopping or by shopping on their behalf. Personal shoppers can shop for everything, from groceries to furniture, but most personal shoppers buy clothing and accessories for their clients.)

  When I stopped the car in front of the store, the door opened and Oh Min-joo came out. There seems to be no staff to  vallet parking, so I roughly stopped the car in front of the door.

Wow from previous one to this chapter, jaehan really be calling me poor peasants in 30 different languages😭😭