57

"It's not that fun anymore.”

  "That's a good thinking. You're not that young anymore. It's good to play, but it's time to be careful. Yang Hyun-ji too, get it sorted out before that girl or her father dreams in vain.”

  "It's fun to watch."

  "…Yes, I'm sure you're doing it because you have plans."

  "It's the most interesting thing for me right now."

  Chairman Jung tilted his head when I firmly cut off that I did not need his attention. Well, a third party wouldn't know what is it that interest me . Chairman Jung smiled with a curious look.

  "I sleep well because of the fun. It's more fun than drugs."

  "…Really?"

  I mean, that's what I did, but of course I'm not having any fun either.  It wasn't fun.  However, the reason I mentioned fun is because I don't like Chairman Jung's interest.

  "Yes, so just leave Yoon Hee-gyeom alone. I'll take care of it.”

  Chairman Jung shut his mouth to the name I brought up. It was obvious what he wanted to say anyway.

  After combining Kim Tae-woon's report and my recent actions, Chairman Jung would have noticed that it was Yoon Hee-gyeom, not Yang Hyun-ji, that I was closely watching. As expected, smoke screen* works only for other people. People who don't know me well when I told them to investigate Yang Hyun-ji and pretended to be wary of Yoon Hee-gyeom, then they would have mistakenly thought that my interest was Yang Hyun-ji, but not for Chairman Jung.  I was Chairman Jung's dearest grandson after all, and he knew me because I resembled him so much.  He knew my intentions, and I knew his intentions.  While mentioning Yang Hyun-ji, what he was implying on the base was Yoon Hee-gyeom though there was no mention of Yoon Hee-gyeom's name in this conversation. (The context of smoke screen  here means to disguise and cover one's feelings or scheme, like smoke screen.)

  Nevertheless, the reason I uttered his name was because I did not like the interest shown by Chairman Jung.  It was to draw a clear line that he was my problem to handle.

  "…Don't blame Tae-woon too much."

  Chairman Jung understood what I was saying. I grinned but I could never give the answer he wanted. It was Chairman Jung who taught me to make him as my own person and keep him by my side. But then It was also Chairman Jung who use him as my spy. It was Chairman Jung's test against Kim Tae-woon, and Kim Tae-woon lightly betrayed me.  I knew the situation, but it is also true that I was betrayed. So what happened now was Chairman Jung's test and a lesson for me.

  "Take a rest. I'll be on my way out."

  I bid Chairman Jung my leave and came out of his study. I went up to the second floor, where Ahn Hyun-jin and I used, sat on the sofa in the living room on the second floor, and instructed the butler to bring Kim Tae-woon.

  And when Kim Tae Woon came.

  I slapped him on the cheek.

  Slap! His soft flesh made a bursting sound like it was about to explode in the palm of my hand, and his head turned.