56

It's been a long time since I visited my late parents' house (The house where Chairman Jung and his wife lives). It was the first time since when I couldn't answer Chairman Jung's last call because of Yang Sun-woong's call and I went in the next day. The butlers and housekeepers came out to greet me. Ahn Hyun-jin was standing in the front smiling softly.

    "Welcome."

    "What about the Chairman?"

    "He's been waiting."

    I entered the house with a casual conversation. Chairman Jung was in the living room. The tiger was a tiger even when he was old, and he still had his teeth fixed, but there was no way to hide the complete displease on his face. What a cranky old man. But there was always affection on his face that is looking at me.

    "You punk. Its so difficult to see your face once."

    "I'm sorry. I'm busy."

    "I'm glad you look good, though. Are you getting some sleep?”

    "I sleep better than before. How's your health?"

    "I'm always the same."

    Those conversations and stories about the company continued until dinner.  Ahn Hyun-jin smiled prettily like a doll and seat still on her seat, and she did her best although Chairman Jung never gave a glance to his grandson daughter-in-law. Anyway, he was a cranky old man.

  Unsurprisingly, the story began in earnest when only the two of us went into Chairman Jung's study after dinner.

  "I heard Yang Won-il is close to his daughter.”

  "Yang Sun-woong bothers me a lot because of her."

“Since when have you cared about those kids?  Isn't she a girl who doesn't have any merits over her now?  I don't know how they would've rolled.  No matter how Yang's bloodline is, in the end, her father is a child born outside of marriage.  I don’t like it at all.”

  President Yang Won-il was not the son of Chairman Yang's original wife, but one of many his extramarital children.  Although he is said to be the son of Chairman Yang, he did not receive much recognition in the family.  Among the children of Chairman Yang, the only ones who received affiliates and started managing the group were the children of the original wife.  President Yang Won-il was running an investment company with the help of Chairman Yang, but it had long been out of Chairman Yang sight.

  Yang Sun-woong, who's father was a son born between Chairman Yang and the headquarters manager, for some reason,said he cares about his cousin Yang Hyun-ji, but Yang Hyun-ji was not a very desirable granddaughter to Chairman Yang.

  "I've never thought of her as my partner."

  "Of course."

"I'm just getting my hands on the movie Yang Hyun-ji is filming. And I've no intention to divorce Hyunjin. She's a good wife for me. She does her part well. Are you not happy with the fact that you live with her?."

  "When I think of her father, my heart still leaps and bounds! Disgusting things...It makes me angry to think that I have a half-length geneology family tree in my house as your wife. She's too low as your partner. It's not like you're going to have a child either ." (Meaning Chairman Yang is ashamed to have Hyunjin as daughter in law since she's a child of her father's affair)

  "We're working hard on it, so I hope you'll wait a bit more."

  And it was very likely that not having children was almost entirely my problem.  It's been a long time since I've been drunk on drugs, so I think it would be more surprising if the sperm were still intact.  Of course, there are babies who are born well even if their parents are taking drugs and drinking alcohol, but I was vaguely thinking that there might be something wrong with my function.  Still, I never thought of getting tested.  Because it wasn't urgent.

  "I really hate it."

  I just laughed bitterly at his stubbornness. Still, I knew that Chairman Jung would not force me anymore. Chairman Jung said that the entertainment industry is good, but he said that I should experience the electronics and telecommunications fields as well.  I too had expected I'd have to leave my current post.  It won't be any fun, but even if I were to hand out the affiliates to my cousins ​​later, I couldn't let it go because it was something I had to hold onto until the end.

  After talking about such things, it was the talk about my health that eventually came back.  Chairman Jung took care of my health more than himself and more than his other older children.

  "Taewoon said you quit taking drugs."

Still I don't like the talk of him asking me taking drugs openly, no matter how shameless I am, make me feels a bit embarassed.  But as expected, I was still brazen.  Sometimes, when withdrawal symptoms occur, I went to my doctor and was prescribed various drugs, so it was a story that would be known to Chairman Jung, even if it was not from Kim Tae-woon.