31

But I was the only exception. Even without sacrificing myself, TY was building a strong fortress. It would be nice if the person I wanted was a woman from a chaebol family or a powerful family, but even if that wasn't the case, Chairman Jung used to recommend that I marry the person I want and build a happy family. Even though the people around me were complaining about meeting this woman and that woman, Chairman Jung never forced me to meet anyone.

But in the end, I couldn't be so free either. The position of TY's successor seems to have made me desirable among the others.

That's why I'm having sex with this woman now.

"Haa... ha...! Ah, Jaehan ssi...!"

A woman clasped her shoulder and rubbed her forehead against my neck, calling me sadly. The woman whose name was on my family register, Ahn Hyunjin, is my wife.

It was a wedding that happened suddenly when I was 30 years old. The marriage was rushed by Chairman Jung, who was generous in telling me to marry the woman I wanted, saying that marriage of other children, grandchildren, and granddaughters was enough. At that time, the power of Attorney General Ahn Young-joon was needed to prevent the group from revealing corruption, and what they demanded was the marriage of me and Ahn Hyun-jin. In fact, it was a marriage that did not match the class. Ahn Young-joon was lucky enough to have an in-laws with a chaebol family that had been passed down for three or four generations.

But, he had a poor genealogy. Ahn Hyun-jin was the daughter of Ahn Young-joon who's birth is outside of marriage. Ahn Young-joon, who was afraid of public attention, brought her into the house, but felt sorry for the condition of her daughter who had a cold hearted mother and is greedy for opportunity and had no choice but to accept this.

Ahn Hyun-jin, who studied piano, was quite brilliant and well-educated, so I thought that was enough for her to be put out somewhere. I didn't care about any woman as long as she was nice to me. Chairman Jung, however, seemed to have hurt his pride when he made me have such a poor political marriage.

As soon as the group's problems were sorted out, Ahn Young-joon had to resign from his post as prosecutor general without even exceeding half a year. As the justice minister and the president worked hard to bring him down, Ahn Young-joon, who had not achieved much power, had no choice but to be crushed. He may have thought that Chairman Jung would help him, but it was Chairman Jung who found a new string and tangled him.

Naturally, the next step to take is divorcing Ahn Hyun-jin. There was nothing to be gained by maintaining the marriage, and my reputation for marrying an out-of-wedlock daughter of unclean prosecutor general was to be ridiculed.

Chairman Jung was relentless with his granddaughter-in-law. As Ahn Hyun-jin's birth was widely known for Ahn Young-joon's downfall, Chairman Jung blamed her for something that was not her fault and treated her coldly. It was even a disgraceful act to think back about how I treated her with a smile in the early days of my marriage.