74

"Jaehan oppa, this is my fellow actors. We're close friends.”

Yang Hyun-ji was introducing them to me even though I didn't ask. There were two female actors and two male actors, but they were also celebrities as mediocre as Yang Hyun-ji. They were not very top stars, but they were still actors who made their names and faces known.

    “Didn’t you say that you had also invited Director Yoon?”

    A male actor asked Hyun-ji. He's asking what I was curious about, it could be said that he scratched the itchy spots well*, but at the same time, it annoyed me.. It felt very arrogant that a jerk who looked younger than Yoon Hee-gyeom omitted a single words from Director Yoon without nim.*
(Scratched  where it itches is a Korean proverb which means when someone does something to satisfy your needs without you asking for it.)
(That male actor calls Director Yoon only without adding the 'nim' to it so it is considers impolite.)

    "I think so? I told him to come even if he's late.”

    "Ah, it's been a while since I last saw Yoon Heesung."

    Yoon Hee Sung. Obviously, he looked younger than him, but he didn't look fine spitting out the three names. The emotions felt in his tone were negative rather than positive. I could clearly tell that he was determined to do something.

   My mouth felt bitter, so I searched through my arms and pulled out a cigarette. When I took a cigarrete out and put it in my mouth, the man who was talking about Director Yoon takes out a lighter and lights it up. When I let out the smoke and look at him, the man's face drew a bashful smile. Moon Soo-in. I remember being introduced to him under that name.

    "I really wish to see you."”

    “…...?”

    "Yu Hwa, I heard you've teached him a bit of a lesson. When I heard that, I was really scared, but I was so curious about what kind of person you would be.”

    Who is this Yuhwa? There was no such person that came to my mind. He's wrapping it up with the phrase 'teaching a lesson', but I let it slide, because there is one or two celebrities I do that to. I can't even tell if the name is a woman's or a man's.

   "You were younger than I thought and you were so handsome that I was surprised."

   The atmosphere was getting weird. I can feel Yang Hyun-ji, who was glued to me, turning red even without seeing it. Whether she knew it or not, Moon Soo-in was clearly flirting with me at the gathering to celebrate Yang Hyun-ji's birthday.

   "I heard that hyungnim* is very busy these days. You rarely comes to parties." (Hyungnim is the term used mainly among men to refer to or address a person who is older than oneself.)

   Hyungnim? I laughed at the term he address me with. There have been very few of these kinds of people lately, but among the humans who approached me to get to know me, there wasn't a class that was so sarcastic as him. If I had been in a good mood because I had drunk the alcohol, he might not have been the type to bother me much. But now.

   Yoon Hee-gyeom, who is two years older than me, calls me Director Jung and treats me politely. Either way, since when did I ever meet this bastard that he is calling me hyungnim? Yoon Hee-gyeom is a lot older than him but he is just calling his name however he pleases

   "Oppa, have a drink".

   At that time, Yang Hyun-ji offered the wine again. Yang Hyun-ji on the right and Moon Soo-in on the left.  Other than that, humans are peeking at opportunities with their eyes shining brightly.

   As disillusionment spread in my chest, the temperature of my body seemed to cool down. Ah. Should I just drink alcohol and do something crazy and shake things up since I'm told to drink? But I wasn't in the mood to drink either. I, who used to spit venom with my sober mind... If even one of them runs into Yoon Hee-gyeom while I'm drunk.

   "I come here with my car."

   The words I uttered echoed in my mind.  To shake them off, I shook my head and pushed Yang Hyun-ji away. However, Yang Hyun-ji looks at me with rabbit-like eyes as if she don't know what I'm talking about.

   "Oh my god. I can't believe Jaehan oppa said things like this!"”

   "I know right. Omo. I was wondering if I'd try riding in Director Jung's Lamborghini today!"

   Who the hell you people think you are....
Well, there was a record that made them say that. It was when I was driving a Lamborghini, it's been a few years already, but at one time, when I was so fond of cars and driving by myself, I dragged my car to the highway while drunk. Since it was dawn anyway, I used to step on the accelerator to the point where I thought 250 was ridiculous on a highway without a car, and I usually would let these Yonnom ride next to me as if they are a colorful accessories. Even though it was like they're risking their life, they still shook their hips overflowing with excitement because they wanted to sit next to the seat of the car I drove at that time.

   In the end, even such frantic driving was eventually caught up by Chairman Jung, and my car key is taken away so I had to quit. I didn't have a car key for half a year, so I couldn't even go around without Kim Tae-woon or a driver. Chairman Jung, who most of time won't meddle into my matter, was sensitive because I could be seriously injured or die, and since then, I has not drunk driving. Of course, driving after a glass or two of wine is not a drunk driving.

   "Hyungnim, have a nice drink. Even if you're drunk, I'll take care of you today."

Moon Soo-in flirted with the tone and gestures that feels more like a host, or a waiter. I was really annoyed by the clinginess here and there. If someone talks to you, you have to understand them, do I have to say myself that I don't feel like drinking? I'm thinking of just pouring the alcohol on their faces.