17 (Updated)

"Five years ago."

  What are you trying to bring up? I was pretending to be completely expressionless so as not to reveal that I had no clue. I said I don't remember, but now I had to manage to keep a straight face as if I knew everything.

  "I heard you were hospitalized because of the ecstasy I gave you. I'm so sorry…."

  At that moment, a funny voice played in my mind.

  'Haha. This feels really weird. Try it.'

It wasn't what Yoon Hee-gyeom in front of me said.  But it was definitely Yoon Hee-gyeom's voice.  The sound echoed in my head, not my ears.  And then it came to mind.  The cheeks were flushed red, the eyes were uncharacteristically relaxed, and the lips that smelled strongly of alcohol. When he opened his lips there were two white pills placed on his tongue.  I've already took the drugs, and while I'm thinking about it, his lips overlapped mine, his tongue that goes into my mouth and pushes the drug into my throat... i didn't stop him.

   Oh shit

   I managed to resist the swearing within me.  I didn't take drugs for a day or two, but it wasn't once or twice that I got drunk with drugs, but now I know for sure why I took too much of the drugs that I fell into acute poisoning that day.  That day was the first and last time I overdose to the point of acute poisoning. There was someone who fed me more drugs. I vaguely remembered that someone had made me take more pills.  But it wasn't that I couldn't remember who it was, and it wasn't like there had never been anyone who had given me drugs like that before, I just didn't care. 

    I just wanted to be more careful in the future.  The past self that I had buried like that felt absurd.  It was Yoon Hee-gyeom who gave me more drugs with his lustful tongue movements to me, who was already drunk.  That blurry face now came to mind quite clearly.

   In short, according to Yoon Hee-gyeom, it meant that he's the one who gave me an excessive amount of drugs and made me almost go through death. 

How much more did I look like a fool in the eyes of this bastard? 

Yoon Hee-gyeom's apology did not end there. 

"...and I really wanted to apologize for that. I'm really sorry." 

And that thing?  Are you saying there is something more?  After taking the drug, I didn't even know what had happened that made him need to apologize more.  One-sided confessions followed. 

"To excuse myself, I was also on drugs and I made a mistake. Even if it was a mistake… I know it was unforgivable. I'm sorry."

What. What is this. I didn't show it, but I was genuinely perplexed.

"The script, I'm putting them into various investment companies. Lee Kyung-won ssi tried to help me, but I didn't want to use shortcuts, so I refused. Meeting Director Jung....I just want to apologize for the incident and thank you again."

This is driving me crazy.  Still, I had no idea what had happened.  As I listened broadly, I understood the situation.  I met Yoon Hee-gyeom only once at that drug party five years ago.  My drunk self may have been giggling, laughing and showing only a cheerful appearance.  It was Yoon Hee-gyeom who gave me the drugs, and even though I was suffering from death, he was given probation... Yoon Hee-gyeom was misunderstood.  It seems that he thought of me as a good person in that misunderstanding.  So, to express his gratitude and apology, he met me through Lee Kyung-won, and my attitude that day must have been quite different from how I was at the drug party.

"I don't want you to be wary. I didn't tell anyone about that day. I have no intention of threatening Director Jung under the pretext of that."

  Here's another misunderstanding for Yoon Hee-gyeom. What you did to me made me mad. You should apologize for that. It didn't matter whether it was true or false to say that he didn't intend to threaten. However, my heart sank at the fact that "What Yoon Hee-gyeom did to me that day" was a tool for intimidation.

"Go ahead, threaten." 

I got up from my seat to took a few steps and approached him, where he was still standing. 

"Try it. Invest, otherwise you'll be ripped off. Try to threaten me like that."

"...I said I had no intention of doing that."