Chapter 6 - Molly

"Woah! So you're feeling everyone's emotions!? That's super cool!" Casey exclaimed.

"Keep it down!" I aggressively whispered.

"Do you think you can tell me what my Abuela is thinking when we go back home?" She whispered.

"I don't know, maybe? I don't exactly have control over it yet." I sighed and leaned back against the rough tree bark. "I almost had a meltdown in the lunch line earlier..."

"Did you sense anything last night when you stayed with me? Or was it just this morning?" She asked.

"Just this morning." I replied. "I did however feel your Abuelas eyes on my back the entire night."

Casey chuckled.

"She thinks we're dating, she probably thought you were gonna make a move."

I rolled my eyes.

"Like I'd ever make a move on you." I huffed.

"Hey! What's wrong with dating me huh!?" She barked.

"It would just be weird." I mumbled.

"I wouldn't mind." She hummed.

The heat rose to my cheeks and I jolted up.

"Hey! What is this!? A confession?" I squeaked.

"No, I just wouldn't mind if you were interested. You're cute and fun to be around. But I don't particularly want to date you or anything." She giggled. "A bit too passive."

"And you're way too hyperactive. I think I'd off myself if I heard that giggle everyday." I said and laid back against the tree.

"Hey! Rude! Plenty of guys like me!"

"That's because they don't see you everyday like I do." I added.

That's when a small tomato smacked me in the face. I looked over to her and saw her holding a spork catapult.

"They're just too scared to talk to me." She huffed.

"And the ones that aren't are jerks." I added.

"Hey, do you think people think we're dating? Maybe that's why no one asks me out! It's your fault!"

I blinked a few times and stared at her. She glared at me and had her arms folded. How did we even get here...?

"Didn't I just say drop me like ten minutes ago, miss power of friendship?" I asked.

BRING! BRING!

Casey jumped up.

"Crap! Lunch is over!" She squeaked and ran off. "See ya later!"

I sighed and stood up.

"Third lunch now huh? Maybe the doctors got further along.."

I took out my phone and walked away from the lunch tables. Then I gave the hospital a call.

"Hello? I'm calling to check on Salem Saira." I asked.

"I'm sorry, could you please identify who you are for me?" The nurse asked.

"Oh, right. I'm Nyx Saira."

The nurse went quiet for a moment. I could hear some sorta of commotion going on, then she finally got back to me.

"I'm sorry Nyx, but you aren't allowed to know the condition of the patient."

"What!? That's my mom! How is that legal!?" I yelled.