Chapter 39 - Orion's Library

-Boas perspective- 

"That's every graveyard Osiris owns! Where else can we check!?" I yelled over to Nick, who was busy sniffing the air.

"He's definitely not here at all. Let's try Monster lane." He replied. 

"Why would he be there!?"

"You got any better ideas?" He said and hurried off towards the woodline and I just hurried behind him. 

We ran through the woods for a bit and my mind raced. Please, please be okay you little gremlin. 

'He's my son after all! I wanna go too!' Salem's words kept scratching at the back of my mind. I hope she can forgive me for leaving without her. But I'm not letting her get hurt anymore. 

"I smell him." Nick called out. 

"What!? Seriously!?"

"Yeah, but I smell a lot of blood and sulfur too." 

My heart sank as he said that. Soon we breached the border of the woods and I saw a mess through the treelines. Nick leaped through it and I followed behind. The first thing I saw was Aeseria zooming around in her hood, taking out scattered members of the horn. As I got deeper in, I found Nova straddling some gigantic horned lady. Who he was repeatedly bashing his fists into. Nick hit a B line toward a building, and for once wasn't fighting everything in his path. Which definitely ment whatever he was running toward was important. I skidded to a stop and slammed my palm into the ground. 

"Lulu!" I yelled.

Suddenly the ground shook, rattling like an earthquake had come. Everyone in the area stopped and tried to focus on keeping their balance. That's when Lulu erupted from the ground below! My big Mongolian sandworm! She towered over everyone and bashed her way through the crowd. I took that time to run over to Nova, whose attention was fully taken by my beast.

"Nova! Where's Nyx!?"

He looked toward the building Nick was running too. "He's over there."

I held out my hand to him and whistled, summoning my other familiar. 

"Grab on." I said and he grabbed my arm, and I immediately felt the warm blood smearing against my arm. Soon my bad swooped in and snagged my wrist, then sped off toward Nick. "What's going on exactly?"

"Casey's injured, and Nyx pissed off the Horn somehow!" He yelled back. 

What? What did he do now? We soon came over to the building Nick was standing by, and I could hear the faint sound of jingle bells playing. As we landed my whole world seemed to freeze in place. Casey was on her back with a puddle of blood under her. Cupcake, Nyx and a strange boy with chocolate skin and a mohawk was sitting next to Casey. The boy with the mohawk was holding out his hand to Casey's side. Where a bright golden shine was coming off his hands.

"Boa! Is that huge worm thing running around yours!?" A voice came from behind, I turned and saw Aeseria in the door way. 

"Yeaah, just trust Lulu." I said. 

"I don't think I can sustain this wound. It's way too deep and she's already lost a ton of blood. Healing isn't my strong suit either." The guy with the mohawk said.

"So what do we do!" Nyx yelled. He turned back and once he laid eyes on me, he ran over. He immediately grabbed my shirt and dropped to his knees. He looked like a mess, he even had something black falling off his body. "Boa! Do something! Please! Please! She can't die! She can't!"

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. What could I say? Should I lie and just say everything is gonna be alright? Salem, what would you say? Suddenly a goblin girl pushed her way inside.