Chapter 16 - The past

The walk through monster lane was a lot different with Aunt Boa. It was still drug-filled and ghetto, but people were excited to see us. Well more accurately, excited to see Aunt Boa.

"Hey! Serpent queen! Welcome back!"

"Yo Serpent Queen, tryna party at Ozes!?"

"Aye yo Serpent, what up! I got some snakes from Gaea's Domain you might like!"

Creature after creature called out to her, but she just kept turning them down. Telling them she had to babysit tonight, some creatures even offered us to party. Casey was about it, but Boa kept a firm no. The aroma of sewer cotton candy was a lot less intense than before. I looked around and noticed fewer people were proudly displaying their pink crystals. Wonder if dad had something to do with that.

Once we reached the border of the woods, I finally had enough of holding my tongue.

"Alright Boa! Tell me what the hells going on!" I demanded.

She squeaked and turned around.

"What? Seriously, you still have questions? Didn't big bone daddy explain everything?" She complained.

Casey giggled at that.

"No! He didn't!"

"Geez Nyx, can't you learn to just go with the flow?" Boa asked.

"No! What the hell do you mean go with the flow!? I just saw goblins do crystal! How the hell am I supposed to 'Go with the flow!?'"

"Man, this is why you're single." She grumbled.

"And this is why you can't hold a boyfriend."

She turned back to me.

"Hey! Ouch! Rude!"

"You started it!"

"Aunt Boa! Can you tell me why walking through the woods is special. I've gotten lost in the woods before, but I've never found magical creatures." Casey chirped.

"Ah yes! My sweet adorable Casey, who doesn't hurt my feelings. I'll definitely answer that for you." Boa turned around and stuck out her tongue at me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever."

"This is something called forest walk." Boa held out her wrists for us to see. There was a wooden bracelet around her wrist with three green gems embedded into it. "This allows you to travel to any point you fixate in your mind. It only works if you've been there before, or if the area has a forest nearby you've seen."

"And you have to walk through the woods to activate it?" I asked.

She didn't respond.

"Hey! I asked a question!"

"So we need to be in the woods to have it work?" Casey asked.

"That's right my little Quesadilla!" Boa snickered.

"I'm gonna dye all of your clothes pink, and put anchovies on every slice of pizza you buy."

Boa halted in her place at my threat and slowly turned around.

"How can so much evil be in such a little package?"

"This is like Bennett et al's proposal! He stated that a quantum state of a particle could be transferred to another distant particle, without moving the two particles at all. Through a method called quantum state teleportation! A study in Georgia has happened over this recently! They'd be so mind glittered at this!"