Chapter 11 - Aunt Boa

Molly floated down toward me and sat against the cold floor of the basement. I stared at her hands as they rested against the ground, they seemed to be solid again. Maybe I should be taking notes at times like this, I'd probably have it all figured out by now. 

"I see, so Dianna really isn't doing well.." Molly mumbled.

It was a somber feeling coming from her. I knew she said she forgave her already, but I didn't think she really meant it. No matter what, her emotions can't lie to me. And not a hint of satisfaction resided in her. 

"Not at all, but Casey is gonna do her best to help her out. Which usually means it's almost guaranteed."

A glimmer of hope formed and I glanced over at her. She had her knees tucked into her chest and a soft smile on her face. 

"The more you talk about Casey, the more I want to meet her."

"She's really studious, so she might not come. Besides, I don't know if she'd be able to even see you or hear you."

"Yeah, but still. I'd like to see her. She's someone precious to you, so she's important to me now."

"Oh yeah? I've reached the important friend mark in just a couple days?"

"It's not hard when you're the first person to talk to me in decades." She chuckled and playfully shoved me. 

We both stopped and stared at her hand on my shoulder. Not a word came out of our mouths as we stared at her hand. I reached over and laid my hand on top of hers. She was cold, but I could feel her hand. Her hand moved and wrapped around mine, and I looked over at her. It was just like when I held her.

"Your hands are pretty cold." I whispered.

"And your’s are warm…" She whispered.

I stared at her hand and played with her fingers. 

"It's weird, how does this keep happening?" 

"I don't know, you're the only person who's touched me like this in years…"

She looked up into my eyes and I looked back into hers. She seemed to long for something more. Just before I could react, the basement door swung open. 

"Nyx! Where are you!?" Casey called out from upstairs. 

Casey!?

I jumped up and immediately rammed my head into a pipe.

"Ah! Dammit that hurt!" I grumbled.

"There you are!" Casey cheered.  

I dropped back in my spot and Molly's icy fingers caressed my head. 

"Oh Nyx! Are you alright!? You hit that pipe pretty hard." Molly said.

"Yeah I noticed." I grumbled.

"Oh! Is this Molly! She's so pretty!" Casey cheered and ran over to us. 

Wait, she can see her!?

"Oh my gosh!" Molly dropped me. "You're more gorgeous than the photos Nyx showed me!"

I dropped down to my side and watched the two squeal about each other.

"Oh my gosh your hair is so cute!" Casey cheered.

"And your dimples are so freaking adorable!"

"No! Your freckles are adorable!"

"Oh my gosh,how has Nyx not made a move on you!" Molly giggled.