Chapter 49 - Tower of monster's

Boa slowly walked over to me, her soul was uncertain and full of concern. I shouldn't be surprised though, considering what she just saw. I took a breath and stretched a bit. 

"Aww, the demon Yokai scared?" I teased with a smirk.

Her worry thankfully faltered, I expected a snarky retort back. But she just immediately embraced me. Wrapping me tightly in her arms. A wave of joy spilled from her soul and she just held onto me. 

"Thank god you're okay…" She mumbled. 

I tensed up in her arms, but slowly attempted to embrace her. 

"Uh, yeah I'm-"

However, Boa shoved me away immediately and started to chuckle.

"Good! Because your mom would kick my butt! If you got hurt again." Boa laughed. 

Even with her laughing, her soul definitely said something different. She was really happy I didn't lose myself.

"Yeah, right." I said and turned back to Face changer. "He'll be okay to let loose. But I told him mentally that this is his home."

"O-oh, so I don't have to come out here to the boonies anymore for this freak!?" Boa cheered. "Hell ya!"

I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, let's get out of this depressing place. I've got some goodbyes to finish up."

"Well before you go, I think I should teach you something about familiar taming. It might help you center yourself." Boa said. 

"Oh?" 

"It's called Coalescence." 

She snapped her fingers and from the rafters dropped Origin. Who quickly slithered around and up Boas body. Super creepy…

"Coalescence?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think that names are pretty lame. So I just call it fusion. But you're a nerd so I figure you'd like the actual title."

I grumbled. "Whatever, just explain it."

"So like, you know how I'm Dragonball Z they do that fusion dance?"

"Sort of?"

She squinted her eyes at me. "We can't be related if you don't love Dragonball."

"I liked Dragon Ball, but I wasn't a big fan of Z. Well then again I did like Tapion a lot."

"Bulma is best girl!" Boa squealed. 

"Focus!"

"Right!" She chuckled. "Well, it's similar to that. It's about connecting your soul to your familiars in its purest form. That's how I can shed my skin and always look so pretty." She said and closed her eyes, moving her hand under chin to display herself. 

"So, how do I do that?"

"Well you've sort of been doing it. Once your soul connects the first time it opens the door. You get to see your familiars past and stuff. Then you step through the door, which allows you to see the core of the soul. Their deepest memories and feelings. Then you connect them with your own soul's most vulnerable parts."

I grumbled."Like I'd share a damn thing like that with this freak." 

"Well, it looks like you're on a character arc right now. So I figured you might eventually change your mind. Hey, maybe you can try it with Thomas?" She suggested.

I huffed. "Will see, Casey and I are sharing joint custody at the moment. So I'm letting her keep him while she's hurt. I might be able to use Scar though."