Chapter 56 - Connections

I sat back and faced my sister. However my eyes couldn't stay on hers, no matter how hard I tried. She's definitely gonna put this down in some batman log book…

"So, I was mad, at everything." I mumbled. "It felt like, no matter what I do. I was gonna be cursed. No matter what happened in life, I was gonna be stuck just accepting how crappy everything is. That life was gonna just shoot me in a different way everyday."

"And why do you think that is exactly?" She asked. 

"Because that's how it's always been." I finally met her eyes. "When your earliest childhood memory is your mom shooting herself in the face. You don't exactly look at everything like it's a rainbow. Especially when I lived with my grandma."

"So, what sparked you to attack The Horn then? You admitted earlier that you didn't really care about helping Monster lane. So what sparked the attack?"

"It was a lot of things, honestly. For starters, I was…." I stopped myself and bit my lip. Come on Nyx, don't wuss out now. I groaned. "I was in love with a girl, my best friend Casey. But she chose another guy over me. I don't blame her, I didn't want to admit I had feelings for her. So I get why she dated someone else."

"Well, why do you think you were scared to admit it?"

I groaned. Man I really didn't want to say this out loud! The heat rose to my cheeks and looked down to the table. "Because, how could someone like her, love someone like me? I'm the freak with the scars who's super depressing.  And she'slike the sun."

"Awww." Himitsu cooed. 

"Shut it!" I snapped. 

"I'm sorry, go on." She said. 

I can really see she's going for a sister and not a therapist…

"Anyways, she told me about it and I felt her soul." I shivered. "It was disgusting, but he seemed to have felt the same. He cared for her, he did a lot of her. Even when I went psycho, he almost died trying to protect her and me. Yet, I still hate him. Because it's like, he ruined what we were." 

"I see, this is the Nova guy right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "Moving on from him I saw my Grandma, and it went as well as all of our interactions go. Horribly."

"You mentioned her before, what was your relationship like?"

"I want crows picking at her mangled corpse." I said bluntly.

She blinked a few times, not saying much for a moment. 

"Okay, well let's unpack that a little." She said and grabbed more Onigiri. "Tell me why you want her dead."

"Because she's a monster!" I smiled a little bit thinking about her cursed spirit attached to her."She deserves it, she deserves to-"

Before I could finish Himitsu was up and she palmed my chest. A chill raced over my entire body and the air got knocked out of me. I dropped back on the ground and gasped for air. It took a bit before it finally did breach my lungs again. 

"My reports told me about the darkness that takes over your body when you're emotional. I see that is still the case." She mumbled.

I rolled ro my side and grabbed my chest. 

'Kill her!' a voice rang in my head. 

"Suck it." I grumbled and pushed myself back up. 

Even though that hurt like hell, the voice faded fast. I looked over my arm and saw the darkness retreating back into my skin.