Chapter 54 - Welcome to japan

My eyes were locked onto the silver eyes that rested behind the rim of my sister's sophisticated glasses. Her skin wasn't as dark as mine though, she looked a lot more like Nick. Then my eyes trailed back to the empty arm sleeve that swayed in the wind. I wonder if that's because of her curse, or did something else happen to her?

"Ummm, yeah, nice to meet you too, or whatever." I said and looked away from her.

"It's been too long!" Boa cheered.

I looked back over and saw Boa practically leap into my sister's arm. Who picked Boa up and spun her around. It was weird, if I didn't know better I'd say they were sisters. But I know better, Boas a freaking Yokai coming back home...

"Boa, have you been taking care of yourself?" My sister asked and set her down, giving Boa a focused look.

Boa chuckled nervously. "Of course, whatever do you mean?"

"Been going home with less men? Actually drinking water and not alcohol?" She asked.

Boas face went red. "I ummm..."

Wow, was this someone in my family that's actually responsible!? It's so weird that she's not weird! She's missing an arm, but she dresses formal! She's getting on Boa for being a degenerate! Maybe this will workout great! I have a lot of faith in this.

....

Himitsu laughed hysterically as she downed another bottle of her blueberry sake. Boa had her arms wrapped around her and was drowning herself with another bottle as well. While I just sank back into my seat. Glancing around the small bar with people who weren't even remotely close to being as loud as our table. Great, I go to a foreign country and the only English speakers I have are getting piss drunk...

"Boa-san! You should get yourself a man like my Hana-chan!" Himitsu giggled. "So you can drink all you want! And he'll take care of you."

That sounds so unhealthy...

Boa started to sniffle. A purple snake suddenly slithered out from her sleeve and licked the brimming tears from her eyes.

"I had that! But I threw it away for stupid pointy ears." She whined.

She suddenly slammed her face on the table and I protectively grabbed my plate of dumplings. No way I'm letting her stupid ruin the only good thing I've got going. Thomas scooted back on my shoulder and I gently patted him.

"It's okay bud, she's just a degenerate." I assured him.

"Why are you so mean to me!?" Boa cried into the table.

"Because you're an idiot..." I mumbled.

"Hey! I can already see you're gonna be a handful." My sister said and pointed a bottle at me.

"Orion, I'm sorry!" Boa cried into the table again. "The elf wasn't even good! You were better!"

Himitsu looked at me with a very confident smile. Then she leaned into Lux.

"Don't worry, I'm a therapist." She said and looked at Boa.

She stared at her for a moment, then loudly burped into her ear. Which made Boa cry harder and shake. My sister just stared at her for a bit, then gently played with her hair.

"Now, tell me how that made you feel." She asked, and Boas' only response was crying.

Hhhhmm, if I steal the bracelet I can totally go home. I looked back to the two and saw Himitsu was still petting depressed Boa, but was now trying to fill a shot glass. And was doing the worst possible job. I lowered my mask and ate my last dumpling, then reached over to steal the bracelet from Boa. I'll try again for mental health next year.