Chapter 23 - Fish bowl wars!

The darkness of the night slowly consumed the area around us. The bustling sound of people vanished and left us with the unknown whispers of the night. Nick and I didn't share a word as we walked through the woods. To be fair, this was one of the most relaxing things I've ever done. There was a lot on my plate and this walk definitely was needed to help sort my thoughts.

From what I can gather, my father is the ugly duckling of the guardians. Because he's the ugly duckling, creatures who don't like Guardian rule flock to him. Which essentially created Monster Lane. I can't determine if he lost control of if, or if he just never had control. All I know is that he's let it all slip through his fingers. Aeseria and dad talked about a group called The Horn, they sounded like they were supposed to be the police. Yet they're obviously doing a crap job. Considering my father's place in all this, and the sure numbers that probably come into Monster Lane, I can assume it's probably just too much to handle. So they let something slide. They can't ask a bigger guild for help, because they probably don't want to associate with him. 

After all, Fairytale made a space to alleviate his workload. Not working with his problem. So that means even if people like him, they are inclined to not help. I looked up at the trees and found the crescent moon shining bright. He's just like me then. Doing the best with what he's got. 

'Were in this together!' 

Casey's words came into mind. I even tried to push Casey away, like he's pushing mom. My chest became heavy and I looked forward again. Maybe I should take Molly's advice, after all. The least I can do is hear him out. 

"Nick!"

"Nyx!"

I jumped at the happy squeals of Casey and somebody new. Ahead of us was Novas campsite. A fire was going and Casey was calmly sitting next to him. Thomas laid comfortablely on her head and Scar was resting his head in Nova's lap. Then there was the blonde girl. Excitement and pure joy rolled off her and Casey. While Nova was indifferent, a steady calm energy came from him.

The blonde girl ran over to us with a blue bento box in hand. Her emotions became much more potent as she stood before Nick. It was honestly suffocating, she was in pure love with him. She smiled brightly and held out the bento box to him. That's when I noticed her eyes. They were pale, but shined in the moonlight. Showing an array of colors. 

"Hey! I was looking all over for you."

Nick blinked.

"Yeah? For what?"

"Lunch! You haven't eaten anything since breakfast, have you?" 

Nick looked away and scratched the back of his head.

"So what?"

"So! You should take better care of yourself. Here." She said and gestured to the box for him to take. 

Nick hesitated, but took the box. 

"A little creepy you know that. But I'm not gonna complain."

Nick said and started to open the top half of the bento. 

"It's Salmon, rice and a mix of vegetables uptop. And Yakisoba at the bottom. Your favorites."

She gave Nick a smile and he squinted his eyes at her.

"And you managed to get creepier." He mumbled and opened up the box.

"Ouch." The girl huffed.

"Nyx! Did you see! Did you see! She's got cool rainbow eyes! And Nova made dinner! We caught fish and it was totally yummy! I saved you some."