Chapter 22 - Hades History

I followed behind Nick's heels and tried to keep my mind focused on the task at hand. But Casey just kept appearing in my mind. She practically had an army with her, but still. Someone who could hurt Nick was alone with her. Could the army of familiars really do all that much?

"You sure Casey's gonna be okay?"

Nick chuckled.

"Probably a lot more than just okay." Nick turned back and winked at me.

I groaned, "Seriously dude?"

"Hey, you felt her soul just like I did. I turned my connection off, bet you couldn't though." He teased.

"It was so gross..."

"I'm curious, you Into her? Or no?"

"Nope, that's not how this works."

"Oh yeah?"

I huffed.

"How should I put this? Casey is like the sun. She doesn't need a cloud to block her rays. If Novas a good guy, I'm glad for her. People think we're dating all the time, so not many guys talk to her."

He sighed.

"Good luck finding another girl who's okay with you looking like burnt Anakin."

"We all can't be born pretty boys ya know!"

"If I had a choice I'd definitely swap faces."

"Why?"

"Trust me. People don't see anything else but my face. At least if I had a scar I'd deal with less people."

"And why exactly don't you like people?"

"Don't think that really needs an explanation."

Nick came to an abrupt stop and I noticed the path before us was dark, but shining. Almost like it was a rave or something. I moved to look past him and I was left speechless.

A rainbow of mushrooms shone and illuminated our path like stars in the night. Huge flowers and plants were scattered about, and a shimmering green river cut right through the whole place. I even saw doors embedded into trees. The setting sun painted the colorful place in an orange glow and the incoming darkness only made the mushrooms brighter.

"Woah, what is this place...?" I mumbled.

"Fairytale, keep up kid." Nick said.

He took a step into the fairyland and I quickly followed behind. This was definitely a place Casey would have loved to see. I took my phone out and took a few pictures. It was really like I was plopped into Zelda here. Creatures of all different species roamed around like Monster lane. However, it looked a whole lot cleaner. No weird smells, no drugs as far as I could see. Just a small community. I even noticed Centaur's and Elves!

"Woah, so is Monster Lane a guild too?" I asked.

"Hell no," Nick said.

"Is this guild just really big then?"

"Just ask Arrow when we find him."

I nodded and didn't say anything else. Forgot he's only here so he can fight somebody else.

We continued forward and moved deeper into Fairytale. Every corner we turned I found something else Magical. The river we passed had mermaids and I could've sworn I found fairies flying around too. It was like I really walked into a Fairytale.

Soon we came to a stop at a spiral staircase that led up to a small home attached to a tree. Nick headed up the steps and I followed behind. Once we reached the top, he kicked the door open on the treehouse.I looked past him and saw someone jump from a desk. They had their arm held out and a glowing orange bow appeared from around his wrist. He had short black hair and bold turquoise eyes.