Chapter 75 - Prince of Darkness

I ran my fingers through my hair and really took in just how much longer it had grown. Damn, it was practically down to my shoulders now. I sat back on my cot and looked around, searching for that hair tie Hana gave me. As I turned around, my eyes locked onto Yukimi’s, who was smiling happily at me. She held up her hand and showed off the small black hair tie. 

When the hell did she get in here…?

"Umm, thanks Yukimi." I said and reached for it, but she just pulled her arm away. "Not letting me have it?"

She pointed at her lips, then pointed at mine. 

"Seppun."

I still didn't know Japanese, but I definitely understood that word by now…

"As tempting as that offer may be. I don't think I should put ideas in your head." I stood up and stretched. Moving the hair from my eyes. 

Just then my door suddenly slid open, and I saw Mr. Bakeneko there. He smiled at me and walked over. Then he hopped up and patted my head, giving me my daily gift to understand Japanese again. 

"Thank you Master Bakeneko." I said. 

"Yes, are you ready today? I heard you're leaving to visit a friend, is that right?" He asked. 

"That's right, my friend Aesira asked me to come by and check out my cult." I said. 

"Ah yes, all of my best students have a cult following for their strength. I expect nothing less from one of mine!" He said with a laugh. 

"What a reaction…" I mumbled. 

He started to walk around me and scratch his chin. "Hhhmm, hmmm, yes, yes you're coming in nicely. Your core has become very defined! And your muscles are even poppin out now. We've turned that scrawny form of yours into an athlete's dream! Yes, I Bakeneko can accomplish any dream set before me!"

"I know that was all about me. Yet, I feel like it was all to compliment yourself."  I grumbled

"Nonsense boy!" He chuckled and smacked my leg. 

"Nyx, strong, Nyx handsome." Yukimi spoke up. 

I walked over to Yukimi and rested my hand on top of her head, then ruffled it up. She smiled brightly and I held out my hand to her. 

"Can I please have my hair tie back?" I asked. 

She pouted, but held it out to me. I took it back in my hands. "Thank you."

With that I tied my hair back and moved to grab my workout clothes. "Now, get out you two. I'm not changing with a cat and a demon I'm in my room."

Yukimi huffed. "Want stay." She insisted. 

"Absolutely out of the question, now get!" I demanded. 

She huffed and stood up. Both of them thankfully took their leave and I was able to get dressed. 

Hana and I both stood outside in the grass and stretched. Getting ourselves ready for a sweet game of tag. Once Hana finished his stretches he started to attach the ninja gear to himself. 

"Think today will be the day we get him?" Hana asked. 

"Who knows, today's the first day he's allowed us to use weapons though. So maybe will have an advantage." I said and popped my knuckles, my eyes scanning over the scars and calluses that riddled my hand. "Or he'll try to kill me and kicked me off the roof again."