Chapter 10 - We made out in the woods?

Faster! Faster! Faster! I dodged tree after tree and delved deeper into the woods. This was insane! Completely insane! He freaking tanked bullets! If he catches me I'm done for! I jumped over a bush and saw the bent over tree, that was the sign to turn left! I skidded to a stop and turned left. Then immediately took off again, right into Casey.

We collided and our heads bashed together. I stumbled and dropped back on my butt. While Casey stayed standing and whined.

"Ahhh! That really hurt Nyx!" She cried.

"Yet I'm the one on the ground!" I grumbled. 

The world was still shaking for me, I swear I hit a freaking wall! I grabbed my face and rolled over on the ground. It was like someone was bashing my brain with a hammer. Then came Casey's feelings of agitation, which pissed me off. However, I wasn't really in a position to verbalize that.

"Come on! Get up! We gotta keep moving!" Casey demanded.

I groaned and started to push myself up.

"That's easy for you to say, I feel like I just dropped from two stories.."

Eventually I got to standing back up, and Casey pulled me over to her. Making me lean against her as she practically dragged me away. 

"I managed to get a picture of the guy." I told her. 

She sighed and nodded. The agitation slowly faded, and was replaced by a wave of relief. However, some Anxiety was still hidden beneath the banks. 

"I'm glad you're okay." She said with a sigh.

I stood up straight and leaned on her less. My head still throbbed, but it was a lot better than before. I took a breath and scanned around.

"Casey, I couldn't sense emotion from him at all." 

She continued her fast pace, and the anxiety only grew more. 

"Oh.. maybe he's a psychopath then…?" She suggested.

"I don't know, isn't their thing not feeling empathy? So I'd imagine they'd still feel something."

"Oh yeah, my bad..." She mumbled. 

It's not like we can even make good educated guesses at this point. I barely understand what my ability even was. I scanned over the treelines again and I tried to listen for anything off. Thankfully, only the sound of crickets accompanied us. 

"Don't worry about it." I replied and continued to scan the area. "We can recollect ourselves once we're at your place."

We continued through the woods and thankfully nothing came out to greet us. Once we laid our eyes on her house, we ran to it. And for the first time in my life, I actually kept up with Casey. She leaped onto her porch and speedily unlocked her door. The excitement and relief in Casey was infectious, it almost didn't feel real! We actually made it!

Just as we were about to celebrate, her Abuela flipped on the lights!

"Ah ha! ¡Los atrapé a ustedes dos!" Her grandma yelled and pointed at Casey. 

Then Casey's confident hope turned into panic.

"¡No! ¡No! ¡Abuela tienes la idea equivocada!" She replied. 

"¡Tal vez soy viejo, pero no soy estúpido! ¡solo mira tu ropa! ¡Sé lo que has estado haciendo!" Her Abuela fired back.

What the hell is happening…