Chapter 74 - Parenting

-Casey's perspective- 

Soon Aesira gave us our bags of blood in a box and we headed back to Nova's little camp. We both sat back on his stumps and he handed me the notes Aesira wrote for him. 

"Hey, can you read this to me?" He asked. 

I smiled and nodded, taking the paper and looking it over. "I'd be happy too. Want me to read it word for word?"

"Nah, you can summarize it. I'm sure we need to do some stuff immediately." He replied. 

"Comprender." I said and started to read over the instructions, occasionally Eyeing Eos, who was still holding onto Nova's leg. 

After a little bit of speed reading I got the gist of what we were supposed to do. So I grabbed the bag of blood and looked over to Nova. 

"So, she needs to eat an entire bag of blood every four hours. With enough blood she'll start to regulate and her body will level out. But she'll become weak to the sun in a few days." I said and grabbed the bag. "Have a cup? Might make her less squeamish."

Nova nodded and stood up, the girl still attached to his leg. He walked over to his cabin and eventually came back with a cup he held out to me. I took it and started to fill it with blood. Once it was filled to the brim I held it out to the girl. 

"Alright! Open up!" I cheered. 

She glanced at me and her eyes grew wide and she immediately shoved her face back into Nova's leg. 

"Come on sweety weety it's O negative. A very special blood type." I said. 

"Is that special?" Nova asked. 

"She'd need more apparently if it was any of the other types. This one  apparently has every nutritious thing a vampire needs!" 

However, Eos never once looked back to me. She just kept her face stuffed into Nova's leg.

 I huffed and sat back. "I see she's a daddy's girl…" 

Nova sighed and held out his hand. "Give it to me."

I handed it to him and he pried her off with his hands and shoved the glass in her face. She grabbed it and tried to fight it off. 

"Nova what're you doing!? You can't force her!"

"She's not gonna listen to anything else." He replied and she smacked the glass to the floor. 

The blood running over the ground. 

"We need every bag Nova!" I said. 

"It's O negative right?" He asked.

"Yeah, so?" 

He went to his side and pulled out a knife. Then he slit his wrists and pried the girls mouth open. 

"Aesira mentioned Wolf blood makes Vamps feel energized and strong. Maybe that's because we feed better."

The girl panicked and forced the girl to drink. She cried and pushed at him, clawed at his skin. However, Nova's blood just kept pouring into her lips. Soon the girl stopped resisting and she even leaned into Nova's wrists and drank from him. 

"Nova be careful, you just lost a bunch of blood." I said. 

"I'll be fine. I know how she feels."

"What?"

"When I was banished from my pack. I wasn't a hunter. I was afraid to kill. Engano let me starve and threw me at wolves till I fought back for my food. Sometimes, you need someone to force you to walk, so you can run on your own."