Chapter 7 - The Pharaohs cat

"What is that you're doing?" Molly inquired. "This stuff looks kinda creepy..."

"Yeah, I bet it does." I replied and continued to scroll down the site. "To simplify the story. You're not the craziest thing I've seen this week."

I glanced over and watched her float above me. Her fiery locks flared around in the air like a roaring fire, and she had a permanent smile printed on her face. Man, she was kinda cute...

She looked down at me and blinked a few times.

"Woah! Really? You must have a crazy life then Nyx." She giggled.

The heat rushed to my cheeks and I quickly looked back to the screen.

"Yeah, you don't know the half of it." I mumbled.

"So, what is that on the screen exactly?" She asked.

"It's called a Bakeneko, it's a Japanese Yokai, or monster if you will. Then under that is the Yule cat, which is from Icelandic Christmas folklore." I informed her.

"Oh? Do you think you've spotted one of these before?" She asked.

"Yeah actually, the Bakeneko sounds like the closest to what I'm looking for right now. However, it says that if I raised it past seven years, it'll definitely try to kill me. And that it's a known shape shifter..."

My stomach dropped reading over that again. I can't imagine little Thomas trying to take me out in a few years. Then again, I didn't expect him to get horns and scales either. So I shouldn't hold my breath.

Molly moved her face right next to mine, and I stole a glance at her. I could see the reflection of the screen lost in the ocean of her deep blue eyes. And I found myself getting lost. Nyx, come on. She's literally a ghost. Calm down. I cleared my throat and sat back.

"You can't be serious right?" She laughed. "You're telling me some monster cat exists out there?"

"Well I've seen crazier things."

I reached my hand out and moved it through her stomach. Her eyes got wide and a red blush painted itself over her cheeks.

"I see your point..." She Mumbled.

"Uh huh."

I moved my hand up through her body, and she shivered.

"S-stop!" She whined.

I snickered and moved my hand away. Then I stared at her cheek, and focused on it. Slowly I reached my hand out, and rested it against her cheek. She quickly became red, and I just caressed her cheek. It was so soft and warm..

"Now why does that happen..?" I mumbled.

The void in my stomach returned with full force. I bit my lip and looked back at Molly, whose eyes seemed to twinkle. I instinctively leaned in and opened my mouth. While she did the same.

Devour it. Devour it. Take it away.

I stopped just inches from her lips, and I saw something black escaping her mouth. Just then a wave of confusion and disgust hit me, and I sat back. My fingers finally spilling through her cheeks. I glanced back and noticed a few students staring at me. Then I looked back at Molly. Ah right, no one else can see her.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Her cheeks were still red and she looked a bit annoyed.

"Oh nothing, just remembering that it looks like I'm caressing my imaginary girlfriend's cheek to everyone else." I huffed. "And they already think I'm a psychopath.."