Chapter 55 - Uncomfortable

-The next day-

My sister's home was surprisingly huge. I didn't expect a humble therapist to have a whole compound. The place was built like a crescent moon right up against the border of the forest. A lake rested in the middle of it, which had really cool fish swimming around inside of it. I was fortunate enough to have my room on the tail end of the building, just barely poking into the woods. So on my deck, I got a view of the lake and the mysterious forest.

I was up early with Thomas,once I got my mask on, the two of us walked along our deck. Truly this place looked like something from an anime or a T.V show. The water was almost clear and I could see the little Koi fish scuttling around. Thomas would constantly swat at the water, or hiss a small flame at it. It got to the point where I had to just pick him up and carry him in my head.

"No eating the fish. We just got here, and I kinda like it." I told him.

I could feel his soul's disappointment with me. Which made me chuckle. Hana told me to come to the main building in the morning for breakfast. So I kept forward and eventually got to the end of the deck. Where one of the big sliding doors we're open. The fresh smell of cooked fish and rice filled the air, I wonder if that was breakfast?

I hurried over to the open room and saw my sister sitting back on the floor in shorts and a tank top, finally looking sober again. The room was definitely a hangout zone. Paintings lined the walls, and the table in the middle had some kinda blanket skirt attached to it. My sister's legs were definitely hiding under there.

She looked up and gave me an excited smile. "Hey, how'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good actually, thankfully I stayed up all night the night before. So the time zone changes didn't really affect me. Plus I like the woods, it was really calming." I said.

As I spoke, Hana came into the room with trays in hand. I was surprised to see he was still wearing the cat mask. Even when he's shirtless and in his pajama pants, he's still wearing that thing? My eyes scanned over him a bit and I noticed for one, he was pretty ripped, and two, he had a lot of scars over his abs. Wonder what stories those scars hold? He walked over to the table and kneeled down. I followed his lead and sat down across from Himitsu.

The smell of eggs and fish danced around my nostrils, but it was also followed up by a very questionable scent. It smelled like something raw, something coppery. It kinda reminded me of blood. Hana lowered the tray for us and I was speechless. On one tray, it held what I prayed was our breakfast. A row of Onigiri and a row of fluffy folded up eggs with a rice bowl next to it. Then on the other tray in his hand, there was a stacked up pile of what looked like bleeding organs. And next to them rested a freshly caught fish. I stared at the organ parts for a moment. My sister's only reaction was one of excitement as she quickly snatched her triangular rice ball.

"Are those lungs?" I blurted out.

"Oh no, don't be silly!" Himitsu said with a chuckle. "Those are livers."

Did she just casually say those were livers?

"Livers?" I asked.

"Yeah, I've gotta feed my familiar. She doesn't usually come down from the mountains unless I request her, but she really wanted to see you." She said.

At least that's better than organ trafficking...

"You don't say? I might've seen her last night skulking around."

Hana took the fish from the trey and set it on the floor next to me. Where Thomas quickly hopped off and started to cook his fish with his fire breath.

"Aww, your little guys a cutie. Is he a Djinn? Or from the draconic region." She asked.