Chapter 51 - Frozen solid

-Nick's perspective, during Nyx's last night-

Screams bellowed from beyond the door that sent shivers down my spine. The glass revealed a woman with long hair running around my home, smashing everything that came within sight. 

"Ah, mom's having another episode." I mumbled. 

I reached for the door, but I couldn't get myself to grab the handle. What if she thinks I'm him again? What if she thinks I'm the attacker? I don't want to put her down again…

"You can't have my son!" Her voice boomed.

Then suddenly a lamp broke through our window. Which helped snap me back. You don't get a choice Nick. I snatched the door handle and flung it open. She rushed at me and I quickly met her in the middle. My heart raced as she glared at me with hate in her eyes. She swung her arm at me and scratched my face with her nails. My blood ran down my cheek, but the cut quickly healed itself after. 

"Osiris will hear about you stalking me! You hear me!" She roared and went to slap me again. However, I just caught her wrist, which prompted her to start punching my chest. "You won't get away with this!"

"I wish I knew who you were talking about.." I mumbled.

I took a breath and leaned back. Morphing my throat to that of the sirens. My eyes glanced down at my mothers. Staring at all the hate she held toward me, she didn't even know it was me right now. And I'm about to hurt her all over again. I took a breath and screeched, my soul's jingle bells ringing mixed with the siren's call. 

She screamed uncontrollably and grabbed at her head, but I kept her other arm in my grasp. My heart sank and my body shuddered as I put my mother to sleep with my sound. At least with the bells her ears won't bleed…

She soon went limp in my grasp and I pulled her in. Putting her into my arms like a princess. That's when I got a better look. Her hands were bloody and red, her night gown was filthy and torn. She hurt herself pretty bad this time. I walked her over to the couch and set her down on it. Taking her hair away from her face as he breathed softly. I bit down on my lip and tried to control myself. What kind of hell am I living in? 

You better be ready Jack Frost, you're not getting away from me again.

I hurried through the woods and followed the sound of a bustling party. To think since Monster lane's been closed the Sola elves actually have a popular bar now. Maybe they got the memo and started selling the hard stuff. 

Soon the forest around me started to change. The trees were replaced with mushrooms that were just as tall. The tops of each shroom had a shine to them, like someone installed neon lights in them. Which led me to the bar. It was exactly what I'd expect from an elf place. The building was a twisting tree that had scattered mushroom's all around it. Too with little furry creatures creepily running around it. I noticed a squirrel running up to one of the mushrooms on the tree and sniffing it, then its tail straightened out and it started to dance. Getting on its hind legs to do so. This place definitely had something special…

I came to the beautifully crafted glass door and shoved it open. Seeing a rather fun sight. Creatures of all shapes and sizes were scattered around. Then there were the Sola elves, almost all of them sitting in a corner amongst themselves. Eyeing and scoffing at all the monsters that were in here. 

My eyes scanned around the room till I spotted the white fluff of hair. Bingo. I walked through the crowd, shoving anything out of my way. A Satyr got snippy with me but I just back fisted him and he got quiet. Eventually eyes were on me as I came upon him, Jack Frost.