Chapter 43 - Vampire's and Werewolves

-Aeserias perspective- 

Orion continued forward with complete certainty. This place was so vast, it was like it was never ending. Yet he knew exactly where the books were, I wonder if it was magic? Or maybe he just knew. 

"So, are you a pure blood? Or turned?" Orion asked as he kept looking ahead. "Oh, I've heard the terminology Saved has been used lately too. I'm not too familiar with recent vampire culture."

I grumbled when he mentioned them, the Saved. 

"They aren't saved." I snapped. 

"I'm curious, what do you mean?" Orion asked.

"It's a term made by Jure. And those people aren't saved, they're just manipulated."

"And what classifies you as an expert?" He asked and stopped at a shelf, his light green eyes scanning over the books carefully.

I took a breath."I used to be a part of that nest." 

He nodded.

"I'm somewhat familiar with other vampire cultures and their tribes. However, the term Saved has never shown up until recently. There's also been a sign of a snake eating its own tail carved into locations. Mind sharing, what's that about?"

"Vampires as a whole have been dwindling in numbers. Jure sees himself as a hero and tries to force other vampire tribes together. That symbol is the symbol of his new tribe, Eternity. As for the Saved, there fresh younglings Jure bites. People on their deathbed, ignorant children, he takes people who have nothing and turns them. Usually when you're a youngling you need someone to support you. Jure abuses it, so they see him as a god. And see themselves as saved by that god."

"So the saved are just manipulated souls? How tragic. Then again, it's not too different from Guardian Acolytes." He said and pulled a book from the shelf. 

"I suppose you have a point. Most do see them as gods." That's because they practically are though.

He turned around to me and held out a book that looked like a journal. Notes were poking out from it, and the whole book looked worn with stains and tares. 

"This book is my observations of the Transelvanian tribe, Nosferatu."

"Ah, you weren't kidding when you said show me something I didn't know."

"Well specifically, I said Dracula."

"Well, from what I do know about the Nosferatu tribe. They worship Dracula, but he's nothing but a myth, a kind of martor."

"Perhaps." He replied.

He opened up the book and turned to the last page. Displaying an old lavender shade of a piece of paper.

"What's that?" I asked.

"This is from a very special tree in the Nosferatu. Legend says Dracula planted it and fed it with his blood. The apples that grew from said tree are able to feed the pure bloods."

"What? But how?"

"I observed it myself. The apples that grow are black with a lavender inside. However, it's tricky getting to the tree. Anyways, the important part. This paper is made from said tree. If a pure blood's blood touches it, it can create a map back to the tree. They believe the savior of their people will arrive at this tree one day. The descendant of Dracula will come and open the way to his castle."

Wow, I heard they were traditionalists. But that's a whole new level. Plus, if I can figure out that tree. I might be able to do something about Jure. Maybe lessen his attacks on civilians. But that wouldn't help the ones he turned. Just the pure bloods.