Chapter 14 - Osiris

"Yo, I did it. I brought Nux here!" Nick shouted and trudged over to the booth.

I went to walk forward, but my legs didn't budge. As if they were cemented to the floor. My eyes hadn't left the back of his head yet. This just didn't seem real. I mean come on, I didn't believe goblins were real just a few hours ago. Yet this moment right here, it was impossible.

A warmth wrapped itself around my hand and melted me out of my frozen state. I looked over and met Caseys big Amber eyes. 

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked.

I took a breath and looked down to our hands. 

"Yeah, I'm cool." 

I took a breath and faced forward again. That's when I met his eyes. The Guardian of death, my father. His skin was a light caramel color like mine, and his eyes had bags under them. Like he hadn't slept in days. His eyes shined whiter than anything I've ever seen before, it was ominous staring into them. His raven locks laid against his shoulders and he had short stubble on his face. While his style reminded me of an old rockstar. Trench coat, boots and a whole lot of jewelry. 

His eyes grew wide and he shot up from the table and hugged me. Casey dropped my hand and he pulled me in tight. 

"ka-kekui.." He mumbled. 

I didn't hug him back, I was just lifeless in his arms. What was I supposed to do right now? How should I feel? I can't hate him anymore, a god of death surely is a reasonable enough excuse, right?

He slowly let go and pulled away from me. Tears were brimming in his eyes and he sniffled hard.

"Oh my gosh it's really you. You're so big! Boa sent so many pictures but they never did you justice for how handsome you got!" 

My cheeks flushed and I looked away. 

"Can you, not be so close?" I mumbled.

"Oh! Asf!" He said and quickly stepped back.

"Woah! Was that Arabic!" Casey chirped.

"Oh! Yes my dear it is." He smiled and held out his hand to her. "You must be my son's girlfriend, Cassandra right?"

Casey's eyes grew wide and she excitedly shook his hand.

"Nope! I'm just his best friend!" She giggled. "Oh wait, how did you know my name?"

"Umm, Miss Boa has told me a lot about you. I had no idea you were a Spector."

"A Spector?" She asked.

"Someone who can see past the veil my dear." He let go of her hand and turned to me. "And Nyx, it's quite alright that you still resent me. I think with time we can mend some broken strings."

I squinted at him. How did he? Oh wait! He can sense my emotions. I took a step back and moved my hands into my pocket. My heart started to race and I hid my eyes from him, no matter what I can't hide anything from him. I've never felt so vulnerable before in my life!

"Hey, I get this is a touchy reunion and all. But I want my damn reward." Nick grumbled from behind.

"Yes, yes, I can sense your hostility, Nicky. How about we all take a seat? Chat and eat? I know your hangry Casey. Wanna try Minatour steak?" Osiris suggested.

"What! Yes! Yes! Yes!" She cheered and hopped up and down. 

He gave her a smile and glanced back at me.