Chapter 13 - Monster lane

The beast stumbled back from Horus's punch,while Horus just laughed maniacally.

"Come on! Is that the best you've got?"

The saggy monster bared his obsidian teeth and charged at him. This time he was a lot faster. Horus barely dodged the first slash of his claws. Only to immediately get hit across his chest. He did a back handspring to create distance and kneeled down, running his hand across his chest. Where blood now stained his finger.

"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" He chuckled.

What the hell is wrong with him?

"Nyx, is he smiling?" Casey asked.

"Yeah, he's definitely smiling..."

Horus picked-up a long thick branch next to him. He spun it around over his head and charged back in. He whacked the monster in the face with the branch and I watched it's teeth go flying. The branch broke in half and he proceeded to beat the monster with the broken pieces. He kept beating the beast with it until the parts were practically dust. Then, he rushed forward and moved his foot behind the beast and rammed his head into it. The beast fell down on its back and Horus quickly moved over him. His leg hovered over its face and his smile stretched ear to ear.

"Come on! Show me more!" Horus demanded.

The creature lifted his hand up to him, but immediately dropped it back down as Horus stomped on his face. His body convulsed and Horus just kept stomping. Over and over and over again.

"Come on! More! More! More! More! More!" He repeated as he just stomped the beast's face into the ground.

Eventually he stopped and lifted up his foot. A black residue dripped from his boots and the monster wasn't moving anymore.

"Damn, you were seriously this lame? Salem must've gotten soft." He grumbled.

My mom, he said my mom's name.

"H-hey! You said Salem? My mom's name. How exactly do you know her? Do you know what's going on?"

My voice trembled and I could barely keep my hands steady. My eyes were frozen on the black blood that seeped off his boot. The monster Thomas and I could barely even hurt, he just stomped it to death!?

Horus turned around and eyed me. Black blood was splattered against his cheek, and his wicked smile was now in an agitated frown.

"Right, that means I've gotta explain all this crap." He groaned. His porcelain eyes flickered to the bush Casey was in. "Hey you, get the hell out of there. Staring pisses me off."

Casey squeaked into the mic and she slowly crawled her way out of the bush.

"S-sorry." She stammered out.

Horus grumbled and watched her crawl over to me. Casey then stood up and hid behind me.

"Hey, girl, did you see a monster just now? Or did you see me fighting some random dude?" He asked.

"I-umm, m-monster?"

"Describe it." He demanded.

"S-saggy? Three fingers and claws? Right?" She asked and looked at me.

I nodded.

"Yeah, that's what I saw." I told her.

The man approached us and held up his knuckles. Showing us the black stains against them.

"What color is it?" He asked.

"B-b-b-black?" She mumbled.

He nodded and ripped the rest of his shirt off. Then wiped his knuckles off on it. His body was even more scary. Scratches, bullet wounds, stab wounds,he was riddled with them. Not to mention he was extremely built.