Chapter 15 - The girl with red eyes

My father sat back in his seat and averted his eyes from mine. His fingers lightly tapped against the wooden table as he seemed to be lost in thought. 

‘It’s from that man's blood!’

‘He’s cursed just like his father!’

“Nyx, that incident is more complex than it seems.” He finally replied.

“My entire life growing up, I was kept away from the rest of the family. I was the cursed child, the monster kid, the hell spawn.” I said and leaned forward on the table. “Is all of that because of you!? Because you couldn’t stay away or something!?”

“Nyx it’s not that simple!”

Nick slammed his fist between us and shook the table violently. 

“Would you two shut up already, you're seriously annoying me.” Nick gave me an icy glare that sent a shiver down my spine. “Are you stupid or something? Didn’t you just hear that the health guardian cursed him? Why do you think your mom got depressed? It was because of that bastard. Everythings is that bastard's fault..”

Nick's fist tightened and I saw frost consuming his fingers. I glanced up at his eyes again and they were different.  One eye was blue, while the other was purple. The sight damped the flames inside me, just what the hell was happening?

“Woah, Heterochromia..” Casey mumbled.

Osiris cleared his throat. Then Nick sat back, his eyes changing back to white the ice falling onto the table. 

“We don’t have any way to prove that necessarily. However, it’s more than likely the cause..” Osiris mumbled.

I opened my mouth to ask a question, but I caught my breath as a small rapsack dropped onto the table and pink crystals spilled out. I glanced up to where it came from and I was speechless. My eyes met with a scarlet red glare of an angry girl. Her hair was short and was as white as snow. She definitely rocked the tom boy look, she even had on a red letterman jacket. However, her face was oddly pretty, like a models. Her lips were plump and shining, like she was wearing lip gloss. She even had a beauty mark next to her lips. 

“A-aesira?” My father asked. “What did you ..?”

“I just took out a dealer, while The Horns sat back and watched.”

She held up her hand and tossed a phone onto the table. Her hands were wrapped up like she was about to fight, and judging by the blood stains on her knuckles, she definitely was already in one. I glanced over at Nick, and he seemed extremely disinterested. He just continued to eat his cookies.

“Hey, Aesria, can we do this another-”

My father started but Aesria just ignored him and played the video. 

“Just watch.” She insisted. 

Casey suddenly squeaked and I turned to her. 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked.

Casey stared at Aeseria and grabbed my arm. Then she started to violently shake me. 

“Nyx! She has fangs! White hair! And red eyes!”

I let her flail me around and I tried to study Aeseria more. The Tenebris thing had red eyes, then again. I glanced back at Nick, who still looked like he couldn’t care less. Maybe it wasn’t a tenebris. Her Irises were different, instead of being fully red they were a bright orange shade. I looked back over to Aesria and she was just glaring at my father. 

“See, The Horns aren’t doing anything about it! We need to do something about this. The more succubus come here, the more drugs I’m noticing. And this proves it.” She locked her phone and gestured to the sack that laid on the table. “Him and his buddy had three sacks of this crap and I’ve never seen them before in my life.”